The HireMojo Team
Do you enjoy working with others who aim high and consistently try to keep commitments they've made? This position helps manage and maintain database information and produce reports and analysis that enable a prestigious Bay Area teaching hospital system to monitor, audit, evaluate and modify the use of facilities space, equipment and utilities in order to manage their property assets more efficiently and effectively. With this job come technical challenges, daily client interaction, and a chance for a professional with strong database administration experience to advance with us as our company grows. We offer our staff lots of independence and flexibility with schedules so that they can manage work-life balance and also meet client requirements during core business hours.
At RSC, working smart means working efficiently. That requires strong organizational, planning and follow-through skills and the ability to work day-to-day with little direct supervision. Good communication skills, the ability to identify and recommend efficiency improvements, and a history of delivering projects on budget are essential. A commitment to teamwork, the ability to relate effectively to a variety of individuals, and a "can do" attitude are key to success.
If you're interested in being a member of a fast-growth business, working with some of the biggest name companies in the area, and being part of a talented technical team that's on the move, read on!
The IWMS/CAFM Administrator coordinates physical changes to CAFM databases, and codes, tests, and implements physical databases, applying knowledge of database management systems and AutoCAD drawings and systems. Supporting a teaching hospital campus, this position reports to an Account Manager at RSC and to the client's facilities manager, works directly with programmers and analysts to answer questions, confer with technical team members on resources required to implement changes, and may supervise and train less experienced Administrators. The client expects to grow their portfolio of managed facilities by about 1,000,000 square feet. Experienced CAFM/IWMS Administrators may supervise and train client personnel and less experienced staff. Travel and onsite support and delivery of training to the client is required.
This position requires a working knowledge of MS Office, CAFM/IWMS systems (ARCHIBUS, Centerstone, Tririga) and expertise with AutoCAD as it applies in integrated CAFM/IWMS solutions. Prior experience as a business analyst or on-site consultant is preferred. Experience interacting with clients and with non-technical staff, and the ability to bridge the communication “gap” between IT technical staff and non-technical personnel from other departmental groups is a plus. B.S. in Computer Science or a directly related field with coursework in relational databases, webpage design and report writing or equivalent relevant experience is preferred. Position level (mid/senior) is based upon ability and years of experience in the following areas:
- AutoCAD as it relates to IWMS/CAFM systems.
- Database management systems - Experience with relational databases like Oracle, MSSQL, Sybase, MySQL, FileMaker Pro including the ability to perform SQL queries.
- Specialized CAFM code bases - Can design logical and physical database changes and enhancements, and understand how changes affect existing database structure and functionality.
- Document and provide detailed design layouts of new and existing office space and furniture. May require conducting building audits to verify employee locations, furniture layout and room configurations are correctly reflected on floor plans.
- Provide work direction – Give direction to programmers and analysts in making changes to databases. Review and correct programs. Answer user questions. Confer with coworkers to determine impact and cost of database changes on other systems. May coordinate with users for CAD/CAFM team to receive updates from planning, work orders and design and construction.
- Establishment of physical database parameters - Ability to specify user access level for data items, such as insert, replace, retrieve, or delete data. Specification includes which users can access databases and what data can be accessed by user. Steps include test, correct errors, and refine changes. Enter codes to create production database.
- May prepare materials for and lead or participate in client project review meetings, QA testing, and work with other vendors and on-site personnel.
- Recent experience with programming languages utilizing PHP, java, java script, XML; applications like Crystal Reports, Microsoft Access, MS Project and Excel; and various OS platforms like LINUX, 62 bit Windows, and Microsoft OS. Ability to use decentralized reporting and communication tools (Gotomeeting, FTP, etc.)
- Experience and/or ability to train users, create procedural documents, supervise and/or mentor less experienced CAFM/IWMS Administrators.
- Proficiency with MS Project and/or Project Management certification
- Familiarity with government and site building codes and regulations
- Knowledge of facilities move requirements, furniture inventory methods, and space configuration processes
- Solid stand-up presentation skills
- Strong sense of personal accountability for achieving results.
- Customer service focus and excellent relationship-building skills.
- Excellent planning, organizing, time management and follow-through skills.
- Ability to work independently with little day-to-day supervision.
- Initiative to identify and recommend ways to improve systems efficiency and manage development project costs.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Courage to take personal risks and ask questions that may reveal knowledge/experience gaps.
- Ability to present a professional image in client meetings.
- Teamwork behaviors that promote successful project outcomes and staff development/learning.
- Flexibility in supporting client off-hour needs.
- Interest in acquiring and developing new skills important to job effectiveness.
- Access to personal transportation and ability to work at client site as assigned.
Founded in 2000, Robert Stephen Consulting, LLC is a private Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM)/Integrated Workplace Management Systems (IWMS) virtual consulting firm located in Northern California with affiliates Southern California, Arizona and Vancouver, Canada. RSC works closely with certified resellers and clients to facilitate a fully-integrated software solution containing precise information for Corporate Property Management’s data capturing and reporting needs. Leveraging multiple CAFM systems, RSC delivers dynamic key indicators providing needed metrics for strategic planning. This full-time position is based in the San Francisco Bay Area and encompasses the surrounding areas.