The HireMojo Team
The Account Manager of Consulting Services reports to the firm’s Managing Partner and leads a group of Account Managers who oversee up to 10 small project teams comprised of analysts and design consultants. This position oversees the planning and project delivery process to ensure successful project completion and ongoing client satisfaction. Working closely with asset management departments of major corporate clients, Account Managers develop overall asset management programs and manage profitability and financial aspects of client accounts. Consulting Services staff provide decision support capabilities, analyze facilities management needs, develop action plans with options and schedules that meet client’s strategic goals for efficient use, cost-effective management of real estate, utilities, technology, and other business assets through customized, integrated software programs and systems.
The Account Manager has professional knowledge of several disciplines including lease management, strategic master planning, chargeback analysis, facility budgeting, operations, space occupancy and move management, and other corporate initiatives. This position will be based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
This is a ground floor opportunity to help build the Consulting Services Division of the firm, working closely with the executive management team. The Account Manager will help grow and develop RSC’s professional staff who partner with clients to customize solutions that create more effective facilities; to maximize the value of physical assets while minimizing the costs; to properly review and analyze facility operations; to recommend organizational and operational improvements; to maximize employee productivity and acceptance of change; to streamline project management; and to promote green building design.
The ideal candidate will be able to lead and guide Account Managers, using his/her experience in project management and execution of services, including space planning and design, cost consultancy, workplace consulting services, such as space management strategy, design solutions, scenarios and feasibility studies, and project schedule and budget management, as well as conception, implementation, ongoing support, and facility management services. A core competency will be the Account Manager’s ability to bridge the communication gap between technical software staff (both RSC and client technical staff) and non-technical client management, conducting regular progress meetings to balance and set appropriate expectations regarding competing client demands for product enhancements with contractual and staff resource constraints.
Experience responding to RFPs, preparing executive presentations and briefings, and negotiating consulting services contracts is essential. Software implementation experience involving data conversions and software implementations, and technical proficiency working with relational databases, SQL and report writers are important to troubleshoot and guide staff project work.
A successful track record building, leading and managing multiple teams of professionals to meet project goals with high quality work delivered on schedule and within budget is important. Success working in a virtual environment is a plus. Our ideal candidate will have a reputation for development and maintenance of excellent client relationships, resolving challenging and complex business issues independently, and seizing the opportunity to grow and expand existing business relationships.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Industrial Design, Architecture or a related field is required. Evidence of strengths in math, logic or education-related subjects is a plus.
- 10 – 15 years’ industry experience, preferably in two (2) of the following industry markets: high tech, public utilities, government, manufacturing, or hospitals.
- At least 5 years’ of successful project and staff management experience, leading, managing and developing/training technical project teams.
- Technical skills in the following areas: use of relational databases, ability to write/understand SQL language; ability to use report writers (e.g. Crystal Reports, CAFM Report Writers); use of MS Excel and MS Project; ability to produce Gantt charts.
- Client relationship development and management experience that involves use of pricing, financial reporting, predictive modeling, space planning, and innovative problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to build strong client relationships, to influence decision makers and to provide innovative solutions.
Founded in 2000, Robert Stephen Consulting, LLC is a private Integrated Workforce Management System (IWMS) virtual consulting firm located in Northern California with affiliates in Southern California, Arizona and Vancouver, Canada. RSC works closely with certified Resellers and clients to facilitate a fully-integrated software solution containing precise information for Corporate Real Estate’s data capturing and reporting needs. Leveraging multiple IWMS systems, RSC delivers dynamic key indicators providing needed metrics for strategic planning.