The HireMojo Team
You are an experienced and motivated Quality Engineer seeking an opportunity to work on the latest cloud-based technologies. You have a track record building resilient automation frameworks on AWS and you seek a team committed to maintaining and improving the service delivery time, reliability and uptime of product and services through automated testing. At Webroot, in Broomfield, CO, we are seeking to empower a quality engineer to be a key member of a newly established team to accomplish these critical tasks. As our quality engineer, you will work with closely with our DevOps and support teams to ensure that Webroot products are deployed and managed to world class reliability standards. As a senior member of this test team, you will be leading the test strategy for our end to end integration testing that will include performance, availability, security and negative test methodologies.
We are using the latest cloud based technologies including EC2, S3, EBS, RDS, CloudWatch, New Relic, ELK, Ansible and Docker; and we are early adopters/experimenters moving forward. In this position, you’ll help us greatly expand our footprint designing how we can deliver high availability services, as well as leading the Quality of Service culture for the company. We are also launching major projects in Security and Compliance as well as in cost engineering. This is an opportunity with a growing team committed to quality.
You bring to the table at 5 years of IT experience including recent background with DevOps technology. We are ideally looking for engineers with exceptional communication skills in order to facilitate coordinating work across office in international timezones. This also requires someone capable of handling multiple deliverables at once (both scheduled an unscheduled). You will have experience with:
- Extensive experience in building automated frameworks and test pipelines on AWS.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using tools like Salt, Puppet, or Ansible
- Experience with tools and technologies like Jenkins, SVN, CloudWatch, Jira, ELK, New Relic, and so on.
- Experience in setting up release processes and managing software releases in complex enterprise environments, with business application and third-party products, and SaaS solutions
- Drive tactical delivery and strategic deployment architectures for multiple teams.
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of system and determine priority of needs.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration, understanding of core technologies such as Web Servers, Load Balancer/NGNX, and JVM configurations.
- Strong experience with SQL or NoSQL
Nice to have:
- Hadoop/Cloudera experience a big plus
- Big Plus if experienced in network security (DNS, VPN/VPC, IDS/IPS, Subnets/Security Groups/Network ACLs) and technologies supporting compliance (HA/DR, Identity Management, Key Management, etc)
- Big Plus if experienced in cloud cost engineering, eg. Reserved Instances, use of tools like Cloudyn, etc.
At Webroot, we do more than secure our customers' personal computers, mobile devices and networks. We also nurture our employees' most critical assets – their talents, experience, and career aspirations. Webroot has the energy of a start-up with the strength and stability of an Internet security market leader. We foster the innovative culture you'd expect of a company that's making a statement. Webroot is a company in which you can invest yourself fully, knowing that you're not only protecting our customers around the world, but also that your talents and innovation will be recognized and rewarded. We encourage you to learn more about us and explore our job openings. Secure your future. Ensure the same for your career. Principals only - no third parties, please. Webroot Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.