The HireMojo Team
We are searching for a Project Manager with experience in building energy efficiency to join our team. The position is for a one year contract to support one of our Project Managers planning to take maternity leave starting in Jan 2018. If you are seeking to leverage your in-depth knowledge and high-level competency managing the complex process of energy conservation and renewable energy projects, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you! In this position, as a TerraVerde Project Manager, you will use your well-tuned leadership instincts to navigate complex, large-scale projects for our customers from contract execution to commissioning and be the driving force toward their success. This mission-critical role will require a professional maturity as well as savvy and confident skills to direct multiple parties with interests at stake while ensuring adherence to project details. You will find great rewards in this role as you lead projects responsible for cutting-edge energy conservation and be rewarded as part of a pioneering, thought-leading firm. This is your opportunity to showcase your well-developed abilities with a company in growth mode where you can deliver results and also contribute to process efficiencies. Take your career to the next level and apply today!
- manage multiple ongoing projects and programs, contracts, and contractors as the owner representative
- Ensure contractors meet contract terms, deliverables, and timelines
- Collaborate with TerraVerde engineering, development, and asset management teams throughout the project to ensure project is executed according to TerraVerde and customer specifications
- Perform quality checks on contractor deliverables including mechanical/civil designs, design reports, etc.
- Direct contractors to ensure quality assurance programs are in place throughout the project
- Communicate with TerraVerde Account Managers on project progress and critical issues
Management Skills Required
The Project Manager must be able to:
- Manage all client deliverables required for project development
- Communicate effectively with a diverse customer, contractor, and supplier base
- Work within a public sector environment while taking a transparent approach to information sharing
- Manage the contractor effectively to minimize TerraVerde and customer administrative burden
- Bachelor’s degree with experience in planning, design, and construction for solar and/or energy efficiency
- Experienced with MS Excel, Project, Word, and PowerPoint
- Capable of traveling (primarily driving) to project sites
- Ability to determine the level of quality and precision required for non-routine tasks
TerraVerde is an independent energy advisor representing schools and other public agencies. We help clients reduce energy costs through planning and implementing energy conservation measures, solar and other clean energy solutions.