The HireMojo Team
East Central College is seeking part-time Adult Education & Literacy (AEL) Instructors. Instructors work with students in the classroom in the areas of most need for the students.
English Language Acquisition Instructor Openings and locations:
- Rolla-First Baptist Church
Monday and Thursday, 9 am-12 pm
- Washington-Mercy South
Monday and Wednesday, 8 am-11 am
- Union-East Central College
Tuesday and Thursday, 9 am-12 pm
Adult Education and Literacy classes have two focus areas:
English Language Acquisition (ELA)
Learning English as a second language and US Citizenship test preparation.
Instructors teach English skills in reading, writing, listening and speaking as well as US Citizenship.
College and Career Readiness classes (CCR)
Prepare for college or career placement exams, finishing high school education and passing the high school equivalency test
Instructors teach reading, math, language/writing skills, and some social studies and science review.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
• Completion of a B.S. or B.A. degree.
• Possess current AEL teacher certification or must be able to obtain AEL certification.
• Fingerprint background check required.
• Must have strong math skills and be able to relate to adults (17 years and older). - for College Career Readiness Instructor
• Teaching or tutoring experience preferred.
Minimum starting salary:
Starting salary is $15.00 per hour.
Visit www.eastcentral.edu/ael for more information, class times and locations.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College is a community college with five locations in east central Missouri in the St. Louis metropolitan area. The main campus is located in Union, Missouri, sitting on over 200 acres