The HireMojo Team
This position is responsible for performing various tasks in ensuring design, construction, modernization, and related efforts comply with related laws and regulations. Responsibilities may include reviewing plans and specifications; performing inspections; and coordinating contractor work.This position is responsible for performing various tasks in ensuring design, construction, modernization, and related efforts comply with related laws and regulations. Responsibilities may include reviewing plans and specifications; performing inspections; and coordinating contractor work.
Typical Class Essential Duties ((These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
1. Manages construction projects to ensure the project is delivered on time and within budget. Creates cost estimates, suggests value engineering options and other options to keep project within budget.
Reviews construction, architectural, engineering, and related plans and specifications to prevent conflicts with existing sites, ensure feasibility of plans, and/or ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
2. Performs inspections of rehab work of vacant housing units, high rise buildings, construction sites, and/or related areas to ensure compliance with quality, development, and related standards.
3. Coordinates contractor work, including: coordinating architechtural and/or engineering tasks related to design, construction, and/or modernization of housing to ensure compliance with contracts, schedules, and budgets; and coordinating site access for contractors.
4. Develops and implements design and construction standards.
5. Coordinates and monitors asbestos and lead abatement activities; eliminates potential asthma triggers in buildings.
6. Responds to diggers hotline requests, including: determining if locations are valid; determining if locations include private buried utilities; and performing related tasks.
7. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE (positions in this class typically require):
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Project Management, or related field; 4-6 years of related experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above. At least 5 years of experience in residential or commercial building construction management.
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS (positions in this class typically require):
- Driver’s license
Knowledge: (position requirements at entry):
- Applicable state and local laws, rules, and regulations;
- Building design and construction principles;
- Contract requirements;
- Construction plans and specifications
Independent Judgement/Decision Making/Problem Solving:
Performs duties within scope of general authority policies procedures, and objectives. Analyzes problems and preforms needs assessments. Uses judgment in adapting broad guidelines to achieve desired results. Regular exercise of independent judgment within accepted practices. Makes recommendations that affect policies, procedures, and practices. Refers exceptions to policy and procedures to the supervisor.
SKILLS (position requirements at entry):
- Managing people and contractors to complete projects on time and within budget;
- Reviewing plans and specifications for compliance with laws, rules, and regulations;
- Performing physical inspections to verify compliance with laws, rules, and regulations;
- Assisting others in establishing and maintaining compliance with laws, rules, and regulations;
Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, the general public, and others sufficient to exchange or convey information.
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Incumbents may be subjected to mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, poor ventilation, intense noise, travel, and environmental hazards.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
The Housing Authority of the City of Milwaukee (HACM) created Travaux in 2015 for the purpose of developing, constructing and managing a continuum of housing and mixed-use options for the affordable and market rate real estate market.
Travaux Inc. as a real estate provider with a social mission. Travaux’s social mission will be fulfilled in three ways:
- Earning revenue that can be used to support HACM’s resident programs
- Developing and supporting real estate projects that provide a public social benefit
- Developing and supporting real estate projects that provide environmental benefits
Leveraging both expertise in affordable, sustainable housing, and its reputation in the City of Milwaukee via HACM, Travaux is committed to building a real estate development practice centered on its strength in, but ultimately not limited by, traditional housing agency practices and products.
Travaux Mission Statement: “We will become the developer of choice for sustainable developments with a continuum of real estate development services and options.