The HireMojo Team
Basic Function of Position:
This position is responsible for performing skilled maintenance and/or repair work of an assigned area. Responsibilities may include maintaining and repairing systems; constructing, installing, or repairing structures; painting surfaces; and/or performing standard grounds maintenance and custodial tasks.
- Performs repairs of an assigned area, including: repairing or replacing pipes, toilets, light fixtures, circuit breakers, furnaces, appliances, and other materials.
- Repairs windows, doors, and frames; replacing drywall; repairing cabinets, walls, building structures, counter tops, and other structures.
- Responsible for turning around vacant units for occupancy: including repairing and cleaning.
- Performs standard grounds maintenance, including: removing snow; performing landscaping; and mowing lawns.
- Assist contractors performing services at developments.
- Performs standard cleaning and trash removal tasks.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Training and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent ( GED); 2-4 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above. Knowledge of Lead Abatement and Asbestos.
Licensing Requirements: (positions in this class typically require)
- Lead Abatement Certification
- Asbestos Certification
- Valid Wisconsin Driver License
Knowledge: (position requirements at entry):
- Related tools, equipment, and materials;
- Methods of installing various structure
Independent Judgment/Decision Making/Problem Solving:
Performs tasks and duties under general supervision, using established procedures and some innovation. Chooses from limited alternatives to resolve problems. Occasional independent judgment is required to complete work assignments. Often makes recommendations to work procedures, policies, and practices. Refers unusual problems to supervisor.
Skills: (position requirements at entry):
- Repairing various structures and systems;
- Using tools, equipment, and materials;
- Constructing various structures;
- Painting interior and exterior areas of buildings;
- Performing standard grounds maintenance;
- Cleaning assigned areas;
- Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, and others sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Incumbents may be subjected to fumes, odors, dusts, gases, poor ventilation, intense noise, extreme temperatures, and travel.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
The Housing Authority of the City of Milwaukee (HACM) created Travaux in 2015 for the purpose of developing, constructing and managing a continuum of housing and mixed-use options for the affordable and market rate real estate market.
Travaux Inc. as a real estate provider with a social mission. Travaux’s social mission will be fulfilled in three ways:
- Earning revenue that can be used to support HACM’s resident programs
- Developing and supporting real estate projects that provide a public social benefit
- Developing and supporting real estate projects that provide environmental benefits
Leveraging both expertise in affordable, sustainable housing, and its reputation in the City of Milwaukee via HACM, Travaux is committed to building a real estate development practice centered on its strength in, but ultimately not limited by, traditional housing agency practices and products.
Travaux Mission Statement: “We will become the developer of choice for sustainable developments with a continuum of real estate development services and options.