The HireMojo Team
Pay Range: $16.32-$20.60 per hour
Closing Date: Noon on Wednesday, January 2, 2019
Looking for an opportunity to work for an organization that really makes a difference in the lives of others? Look no further. Come join our team at the Everett Housing Authority as an Office Clerk at our Colby location.
This is a part-time union position working 26 hours per week. The Office Clerk provides assistance at the Colby Office front desk, coordinates and performs services for both the Colby and other Housing Authority offices, and performs various clerical, archival, and data processing functions, primarily for the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) and Finance Departments.
If you’re looking for a great benefits package we have that as well!
- Accrued vacation;
- Accrued sick leave days;
- 11 paid scheduled Holidays plus 1 additional floating holiday per year;
- Medical Insurance;
- Dental Insurance;
- Life Insurance;
- State Retirement Fund;
- Flexible work schedule;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Wellness Program;
- Tuition Reimbursement.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are illustrative only (i.e. not all inclusive)
Required Workplace Standards:
- Works regular and reliable hours on site as required;
- Attendance must be punctual and consistent;
- Works an agreed-upon schedule and works additional hours as necessary to complete work;
- Works effectively, cooperatively and respectfully with co-workers, clients, and other contacts;
- Follows all EHA Safety Policies and Procedures;
- Follows all EHA Personnel Policies and Procedures;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Essential Functions:
- Performs receptionist duties as backup for breaks, and as needed for absences;
- Provides excellent customer service to a wide variety of participants, both in person and via telephone;
- Assists in processing incoming forms, mail, packages, emails, and faxes;
- Picks up mail from PO Box in the morning, prepares outgoing mail, including periodic departmental mailings (HAP checks, accounts payable checks, etc.) and delivers to post office in the afternoon each business day;
- Takes deposits to bank as needed, picks up rent checks from property management offices first six business days of each month;
- Maintains and coordinates service for Colby office postal, folding and copy machines, printers;
- Coordinates and monitors regular document shredding service for all Housing Authority offices;
- Coordinates and monitors regular water delivery service for all Housing Authority offices;
- Manages employee coffee fund and stocks supplies for Colby office;
- Organizes and maintains supply room;
- Assists with managing departmental archives for HCV and Finance Departments;
- Assists HCV and Finance Department with special projects as needed;
- Prepare rooms for meetings as needed;
- Data entry in Yardi Voyager, Excel, and other system(s) as needed;
- Ability to scan and organize electronic records;
- Moves files within Colby office.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent;
- One year of paid office experience;
- One year of paid computer work experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE OF/SKILL IN:
- Excellent composition, grammar, spelling, and math skills;
- Proficient use of computer including Word and Excel;
- Keyboarding speed equivalent to 35 WPM or higher.
REQUIRED ABILITY TO:
- Manage time and tasks efficiently with limited supervision;
- Speak and understand English and follow oral and written directions;
- Perform basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, and percentages;
- Develop letters, memoranda, newsletters, and reports using grammatically correct English.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM REQUIRED FUNCTIONS
CONSTANT (67% – 100%)
Sit for extended periods of time
Manual dexterity (Left, Right, Both)
Seeing, listening and talking
Arm and hand movement (LRB)
Lifting and carrying 5# (LRB)
Pushing and pulling 5# (LRB)
Fine finger manipulation (LRB)
FREQUENT (34% – 66%)
Turning and twisting at waist
Walking and standing
Bending and stooping
Lifting and carrying 10# (LRB)
Pushing and Pulling 10# (LRB)
Reaching and grasping (LRB)
OCCASIONAL (1% - 33%)
Kneeling and squatting
Reaching above shoulders
Lifting and carrying 20# (LRB)
Pushing and pulling 20# (LRB)
REQUIRED PROFICIENCY IN USE OF:
Calculator, Desk top computer, Copy Machines, Fax Machine, MS Word, Telephone and cell phone, Scanner, Printer, File Folders, Keyboarding, MS Excel, Laptop Computer,
MS Outlook; Alarm Systems; Laminating Machines; Binder Machine;
99% of work is performed in an office environment with low noise levels and frequent interruptions. 1% of work is conducted in units, common areas of the building, driving, and in other EHA buildings.
REQUIRED LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be personally bondable for insurance purposes;
- Valid Washington State driver's license and an acceptable driving record;
- Fair Housing Certification or ability to obtain within the first six (6) months.
ADDITIONAL (DESIRABLE) QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge and/or paid experience in social service work;
- Prior government or public sector work experience;
- Ability to speak any additional languages besides English;
- Prior front desk/receptionist experience.
Written testing tentatively scheduled for week of 1/7/19
Interviews tentatively scheduled for week of 1/14/19
The Everett Housing Authority is a progressive agency pursuing its mission with great passion and a high level of professionalism and competence. EHA seeks passionate and optimistic individuals to join our team of highly engaged and satisfied employees committed to assisting those for whom stable and affordable housing is a challenge. EHA’s work has been recognized nationally with awards from NAHRO and Nan McKay. Most recently, EHA received NAHRO’s National Awards of Merit for a fully accessible community garden open to public housing residents and members of the surrounding community and for highly creative financing to convert 333 public housing units to project-based Housing Choice Vouchers and improve these properties with over $20 million in renovations. In addition, EHA received a NAHRO’s National Award of Excellence for a new 20-unit development serving survivors of domestic violence.
Members of our team are rewarded with meaningful work, competitive compensation, employee-friendly policies, a team environment, great benefits, and promotion and bonus opportunities. Please consider joining our team in pursuit of the exciting challenge of meeting the affordable housing needs of Everett and Snohomish County.
The Everett Housing Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer