The HireMojo Team
General Summary: Proctor Engineering Group is looking for a Quality Assurance Specialist (QAS) for our Imperial/Coachella Valley location. The QAS will be responsible for inspecting the work performed by participating HVAC contractors to ensure all program requirements and standards are met.
Proctor Engineering’s goals are to save energy and ensure that quality work is performed under our programs. If you believe that the best way to do a job is the right way, then we want to hear from you.
- Perform technical inspections on work done by HVAC contractors and technicians participating in utility energy efficiency programs to determine conformance with specifications centered around energy efficiency goals.
- Analyze results and identify problems and/or cause(s) for inspection failure(s).
- Provide solutions to reduce and/or eliminate inspection failure(s).
- Ability to work both independently and within a team to create and manage specific plans for achieving project goals to support quality training and performance of technicians.
- Mentor HVAC technicians by providing and/or recommending solutions.
- Produce concise and timely written inspection reports.
- Attend and support field training for contractors and technicians
Required Work Experience:
- Extensive field experience working on HVAC systems. Thorough knowledge of residential and commercial HVAC systems.
- Thorough knowledge of the materials, methods, and practices involved in installing, repairing, and maintaining a variety of HVAC systems.
- Experience with computers and email programs. The ability to type accurately is essential.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record from the DMV.
Required Educational Experience:
- High School diploma required; Technical School preferred or equivalent and experience in installing and repairing HVAC systems at the journey, supervisory, or contractor level.
- EPA Type II and/or Universal Certification to handle refrigerant
- NATE certification a plus
- BPI Certification a plus
Compensation Package Includes:
- Competitive annual salary, health, dental & long term disability insurance benefits, paid company holidays, personal paid time off, and participation in company profit sharing program upon eligibility. We provide a company vehicle that is stocked with all the necessary tools and equipment needed. A company credit card is provided for company expenses and travel. Company cell phone and a laptop are provided as well.
Proctor Engineering Group is an industry leader specializing in the design, implementation and evaluation of energy efficiency programs for electric and gas utility companies nationwide since 1989. Learn more about us at www.proctoreng.com.