The HireMojo Team
The Colony Group seeks a motivated and qualified individual for the position of Wealth Advisor for a split time in the NYC and Armonk offices. The individual selected for this opportunity will be distinguished in academic achievement, dedicated to client service, and have the highest ethical and professional standards of excellence. Wealth Advisors provide a high level and broad range of technical and client management support as part of a financial counseling team and assist in managing all aspects of a client relationship including investments, taxation, estate planning, retirement planning, and insurance.
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Providing a high level of support to financial counseling teams in connection with all aspects of managing multiple client relationships, including:
- Complex financial analysis and related research on financial, tax and investment issues,
- Presentations for clients and prospective clients, and
- Written follow-up to client meetings;
- Coordination with portfolio management and operations teams.
- Developing, maintaining, and implementing financial plans and goals for clients;
- Attending and actively participating in client meetings;
- Tax planning and coordination with our tax department or external tax advisors.
- Maintaining an advanced understanding of investments, insurance, taxation, and estate planning, as well as the Company’s investment strategies;
- Communicating the full range of the Company’s services and capabilities to clients and prospective clients;
- Identifying new business development opportunities and prospects and assisting in the closing process.
The position requires:
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Candidates with, or working towards, a CPA, JD, LLM, CFA, MST, or CFP®;
- An advanced understanding of investments, tax, insurance, and estate planning;
- Experience in income tax planning and compliance;
- Five+ years of relevant work experience; and
- Strong analytical skills, notable attention to detail, and self-initiated follow-through
The Colony Group provides investment, wealth management, and other financial advisory services to a multitude of high-net-worth and ultra-high-net-worth private clients as well as a prestigious base of institutional clients. Founded in 1986 and managed by financial professionals dedicated to providing objective advice and exceptional service, The Colony Group manages over $7.5 billion in client assets and has offices in Massachusetts, New York, Virginia, Florida, Colorado, and Maryland. For more information, please visit www.thecolonygroup.com