The HireMojo Team
Love supporting a team? Join Rice Insurance, a company who is highly successful and recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in the nation by Inc 5000, 3 years running. This position works to support our growing Accounting Department by performing a variety of accounting functions with a strong emphasis on data entry tasks. Your familiarity with general bookkeeping practices, ability to work accurately in a fast paced environment and collaborate closely with the accounting team makes you the ideal candidate. Your strong technical skills, high attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines are the skills you need to excel in this role.
- Monitor and reconcile Direct Bill activity. Locate, verify and post Direct Bill deposits and statements.
- Reconcile daily sweep activity.
- Balance cash drawer daily.
- Review and reconcile bank statements.
- Perform other specific duties and projects as assigned by agency management.
- Strong technical skills, with proficiency in data entry, typing, and 10-key
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, with an intermediate skill level in Excel.
- Basic understanding of general bookkeeping practices with a minimum of 1-year professional office and/or bookkeeping experience.
- Accurate and detail oriented.
- Able to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Use good judgment and work with sensitive information and maintain high confidentiality.
- Possess a positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner.
- Able to work independently as well as closely within a team environment.
Founded in 1946, Rice Insurance is an independently-owned, full service insurance broker located in beautiful Bellingham, Washington. We believe in building long term relationships with our clients and holding our employees to a high level of integrity. At Rice Insurance we believe that offering clients the highest level of service starts with creating a terrific work environment and that’s why we’re looking for only the best and the brightest.