The HireMojo Team
East Central College has an opening for a full-time (9-month) Psychology/Sociology Instructor at the Rolla site in Rolla, MO. Instructor is expected to develop an active learning environment with use of effective instructional technology. Primary course load may include:
- General Psychology
- Human Development
- General Sociology
- Marriage & Family
May teach a combination of both day and/or evening courses.
Start Date: August 2019
Education, Experience, and Licenses/Certifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Master’s degree in Psychology/Counseling with 18 graduate hours in Sociology or Master's degree in Sociology with 18 graduate hours in Psychology, or Master's degree in related field with 18 graduate hours in each discipline.
- Community College teaching experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL TASKS: Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.
- Teach thirty (30) semester credit hours (or the equivalent in lab, studio, clinical, etc. hours) each academic year.
- Participate in developing course and/or program curriculum, standards and policies in collaboration with core faculty, Dean and/or Division Chairperson.
- Develop course curriculum, handouts, lectures, labs, and presentation and maintain course outlines / syllabi and printed and non-printed instructional materials.
- Use current technology to enhance instructional and institutional effectiveness including but not limited to computers, computer-assisted instruction programs, and audio visual equipment and in addition be willing to learn and apply any other new technology necessary to enhance learning.
- Participate in course and/or program level assessment including development of learning outcomes and measures, evaluating student performance and recommending improvement measures.
- Maintain student/attendance/grade/discipline records as required by the College; keep appropriate course/department/program/division records, as required by the College.
- Ability to communicate and facilitate learning effectively and work collaboratively with students, staff, and colleagues.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established board policies, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner with minimal supervision.
To view full job description, click here.
Benefits: ECC offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee for employee only coverage. Retirement benefits, generous paid leave, tuition waiver and tuition reimbursement benefits.
Salary will commensurate with experience. To view salary schedule, click here.
East Central College's main campus is located about 60 minutes west of St. Louis. East Central College offers classes at the Rolla satellite locations. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.