The HireMojo Team
Why you’ll love working here:
- DeanHouston is a growing company, we have made Inc. 500’s list of “5,000 List of Fastest Growing Private Companies in America” for the past three years
- Full health, dental, vision insurance package (PPO and HSA options)
- Company-paid life insurance, Paid Time Off policy
- 401(k) participation with 4% company match
- Located in a suburban location, DeanHouston has an inspiring and productive culture—different from the hectic bustle of a typical downtown creative agency
- We are committed to employee development. We invest in the latest tools, training and software so our employees are on the cutting edge of the creative process
- DeanHouston has 60 employees worldwide, but the Orland Park, IL office is tight-knit (about a dozen employees) and able to react quickly to clients’ needs
- We enjoy a small, open-office environment (no cubicles!) in a collaborative team setting flooded with natural light
- DeanHouston promotes a healthy and happy workplace from weekly flowers and fruit baskets to team lunches and other fun gatherings
About this role:
The Digital Content Writer is responsible for creating and implementing the written content (the “voice”) of client deliverables for his/her assigned clients, spanning a variety of b2b marketing activities (online, mobile, print, etc). The Digital Content Writer works with limited guidance from the Creative Director and Creative Account team to develop the overall concept (“big idea”), and writes creative content and copy for a variety of basic to complex brand communications and marketing applications and programs. The Digital Content Writer writes both short- and long-form copy (digital/social/print/video) in support of a wide range of client marketing campaign materials and helps drive the overall creative direction for key clients in the processing, energy and automotive industries.
Salary Range: commensurate with experience
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, English or equivalent
- A portfolio of writing samples
- Ability to work out of our Orland Park, IL office, five days a week
- 4-6 years of experience creating content, with the ability to write, proof and edit copy to ensure both accuracy of grammar and quality of content
- A highly conceptual individual with strong abilities to produce content and integrated campaigns for a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated competency in working with a wide variety of clients, tones and voices
- The ability to quickly become familiar with clients and their brand voice
- Proven content development experience across multiple communication channels (e.g. advertising, print, digital, etc.) in a creative design agency (advertising, marketing, publishing, etc.) or as a freelancer.
- Business Acumen – possesses insight to larger business goals and objectives and understands how the role fits into overall strategy
- Experience in translating and communicating complex technical topics to executable actions with easy-to-understand benefits or solutions to challenges
- Experience with SEO, Google AdWords and PPC is a plus
- Experience writing for a corporate and/or technical audience is a plus
- Ability to guide production advancement through collaboration with Design and Digital teammates
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Welcomes challenge of presenting “technical” stories through compelling storytelling
Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered.
DeanHouston, Inc. is a full-service business-to-business marketing communications firm with offices in Cincinnati Ohio, Orland Park IL, Ontario CA, and Shanghai, China. At DeanHouston, we hire passionate, creative, and talented people who are not looking for a job, but for a place where their professional aspirations can be fulfilled.
DeanHouston has an outstanding reputation for providing exceptional integrated marketing and branding programs for our B2B industrial clients working in energy, industrial processing and transportation. A few of our key accounts include: Dover, FRAM, OPW, Auto-lite, and Prestone.