The HireMojo Team
The HR Generalist is responsible for providing a professional level, high-impact support to our associates and partnering with the VP of Human Capital to ensure smooth day-to-day people operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the talent acquisition process by developing job descriptions, coordinating job postings on the appropriate websites, screening resumes/sourcing candidates, performing telephone interviews, scheduling interviews for hiring managers, and coordinating the background screening process.
- Manages and facilitates new hire onboarding process; providing exceptional candidate and new associate experience.
- Strive to ensure associate understanding of benefits programs by regularly generating communication and counseling associates as situations arise; work with our broker to resolve associate issues related to health and welfare plans.
- Assist with the annual benefit open enrollment process; arrange for distribution of plan summary materials and required notices; assist with communicating changes to associates.
- Counsel associates (and potential associates/applicants) on benefit plan provisions so that individuals can make informed decisions.
- Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for the company; assists in the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the associate handbook, and the HR policies and procedures manual.
- Keeps associate records up to date by working with payroll to process associate status changes in a timely fashion while ensuring proper approvals of such status changes.
- Accurately administers applicable leave programs to include FMLA and LOA.
- Coordinates and tracks appropriate training and development activities.
- Participates in, documents, and with guidance from the VP, drives to resolution employee relations matters (as needed), including but not limited to an investigation of complaints, review of disciplinary actions, and coaching of supervisors.
- Act as a subject matter expert in company policies, programs, and operational processes and their impact on the business.
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State guidelines, required notices and postings.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or other related degrees; or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in Human Resources.
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification is preferred.
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- PC and Microsoft Office proficient.
- Self-starter; ability to anticipate needs.
- Strong knowledge of California employment/labor law; experience with other state labor laws is a plus.
- Ability to maintain confidence, confidentiality, and composure during sensitive and complex situations.
- Keen ability to multi-task, adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer service and response.
- Strong ability to exercise judgment and independent thought.
- Polished, clear and concise communication; Strong writing skills to ensure professional internal communications.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Hanson McClain Advisors (www.HansonMcClain.com) is an independent investment financial advisory firm that specializes in retirement planning, investment advising, and 401(k) management with a direct approach to financial planning. Hanson McClain delivers long- and short-term investment planning solutions and advice to help clients achieve their goals and plan strategically for retirement. Hanson McClain is a high growth, private equity-backed, Retirement Investment Advisory business, headquartered in Sacramento. The business is on a path to become a $10 billion firm within the next few years through both acquisitions and strong organic growth.
We value our associates’ time and effort. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive base pay and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, Retirement Benefit – 401K and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our associates, where people can learn and grow with the firm. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.