The HireMojo Team
We are looking for an electrical construction inspector to perform inspections on public works municipal facilities including treatment plants and other infrastructure. The successful candidate would be responsible for multiple projects at a construction site.
This would include power systems, instrumentation & controls work; testing, start-up testing and commissioning.
The duties specified below are representative of the range of duties assigned and are not intended to be an inclusive list.
- Monitors and inspects the work of contractors for compliance with plans, specifications and schedules.
- Prepares project documentation including daily reports, force accounts, materials testing, and other construction records.
- Participates in and/or conducts planning, preconstruction, coordination, progress, scheduling and field staff meetings.
- Reviews plans, specifications, submittals, shop drawings, change orders, constructability reviews and contract closeout records
- Assists in detecting and resolving disputes and/or problems and responds to complaints from the public.
- Ensures that all required tests, operations, measurements, and inspections are scheduled, ordered, satisfactorily completed and documented for quality assurance/quality control compliance.
- Verifies and prepares quantity and progress estimates for progress payments.
- Maintains records on unit price quantities, labor, equipment and progress for change order work.
- Reviews and approves change orders for implementation.
- Makes field measurements and maintains as-built drawings records.
- Conducts and/or witnesses testing of contract material, equipment, and installations.
- Reports safety and traffic hazards, defective work and debris to the contractor for correction.
- May monitor the excavation, loading and off-haul of hazardous materials from construction sites and ensure compliance with local, state and federal laws pertaining to hazmat.
- Drives a vehicle to inspection sites.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- You are a professional with technical expertise as well as strong communications skills which will allow you to effectively and creditably communicate complex technical issues with our clients.
- You have experience on water and wastewater infrastructure projects.
- You have field construction inspection and construction management experience.
- You enjoy direct client contact and professional networking.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, and are self-motivated and passionate about your work.
- You excel in an unconventional work environment. You enjoy working in varied locations, including job sites, at home, and in the office.
- A minimum of three (5) years of experience in engineering or construction management, including verifiable experience in construction support services, and project coordination;
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or construction management is desirable but not required;
- International Code Council Commercial Electrical Certification is also highly desirable. Please list other certifications which you may have and believe are relevant to this position.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license in the State of California;
- A current Certificate of OSHA 10-Hour Construction Training is desirable, but may be obtained after hiring; and
- EIT or Professional Engineer registration is also desirable, but not required.
Joe Hill Consulting Engineers is a growing water resources engineering consulting practice.
We are building a company that offers specialized consulting services to the managers of water and wastewater systems. Our focus is in getting operations right, recognizing the value in real-world experience in operating and maintaining complex water infrastructure systems.
We seek individuals that believe in and are excited to live our Core Values and Mission. Refer to our company website for details.