The HireMojo Team
East Central College has an opening, for a full-time Accounting Instructor responsible for providing an effective learning experience in the classroom for students with diverse interests, abilities and expectations.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications
- Master's degree in Accounting
- Master’s degree in Business or other related field with (18) graduate level credit hours in accounting
ESSENTIAL TASKS: Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.
- Teach thirty (30) semester credit hours each academic year
- Courses may include: Financial Accounting I and II, Managerial Accounting, Cost Accounting, Tax Accounting, Intermediate Accounting, Payroll, Principles of Finance and/or other related accounting courses
- Instructor may teach a combination of day and/or evening courses
- Maintain seven (7) office hours per week (as approved) for the purpose of assisting and guiding students
- Collaborate within department regarding curriculum, assessment, and course design
- Maintain professional relationships with area advisory committee members to assist with program and curriculum design
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills; including oral, written, and/or nonverbal
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of a college/educational environment
- Excellent collaborative and team skills
- Competency in technology, both instructional/classroom and standard office-type software
To view full job description, click here.
Benefits: ECC offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee. Retirement benefits, generous paid leave, tuition waiver and tuition reimbursement benefits. Salary will commensurate with experience.
Anticipated start date of August 2019.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.