The HireMojo Team
Salary Range: Depending on Experience
This position will remain open until filled with priority given to those applications received by Friday, May 31, 2019.
SCOPE OF WORK:
This is a senior-level position reporting to the Executive Director. This position prioritizes and focuses on the Everett Housing Authority’s needs to develop a strategy and plan to address the policy, training, and process needs to ensure that EHA operates in a manner that promotes racial equity at all levels of the organization. Emphasis will be placed on changes needed to treat EHA residents and participants equitably and consistent with EHA’s values. Other priorities include working with the senior Human Resources staff ensuring that staff and all levels of leadership are diverse, particularly with respect to race. In addition, the position will be responsible for ensuring that EHA’s housing development and delivery plan reverses the historical role of housing as a tool to institutionalize racism.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are illustrative only (i.e. not all inclusive)
Required Workplace Standards:
- Works regular and reliable hours on site as required;
- Attendance must be punctual and consistent;
- Works an agreed-upon schedule and works additional hours as necessary to complete work;
- Works effectively, cooperatively and respectfully with co-workers, clients, and other contacts;
- Follows all EHA Safety Policies and Procedures;
- Follows all EHA Personnel Policies and Procedures;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Leads the development and implementation of a vision and strategic plan for EHA to become more diverse and free of racism and all forms of bias and discrimination;
- Conceives, develops, and oversees implementation of programs and strategies that enhance EHA’s reputation and image as a leader in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) programs. Identify trends and best practices across the public sector;
- Develops policies, practices and activities to ensure that all clients are treated equitably, without racial prejudice and other forms of bias and discrimination;
- Designs and implements strategies to ensure that EHA reflects the diversity of our clients and communities we serve;
- In collaboration with the Director of Administration and the Executive Director, oversees EHA-wide and office-level diversity initiatives and activities;
- Serves as a resource, mentor, and advisor to EHA department directors. Provides coaching and mentoring to EHA staff;
- Collaborates with the senior Human Resources official to research, track, and analyze information with respect to EHA recruitment, retention, and promotion of staff. Develops methods for measuring and evaluating effectiveness of DEI efforts;
- In coordination with the senior Human Resources official, develops and implements a comprehensive diversity, equity and inclusion curriculum for all staff, including e-learning courses; leads and teaches live training classes;
- Identifies opportunities to partner with other entities, in alignment with the EHA’s diversity initiatives;
- Establishes and maintains relationships with organizations led by or serving people of color and other underrepresented individuals;
- Represents EHA in City, County, State and national DEI initiatives;
- Develops and manages EHA’s diversity budget.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Cross-Cultural Studies or other relevant filed to this position. Master's degree preferred.
- Five or more years’ experience in progressively responsible roles in diversity, equity and inclusion;
- Three or more years of leadership and management experience.
- 9 or more years in progressively responsible role in diversity, equity and inclusion;
- Three or more years of leadership and management experience.
REQUIRED ABILITY TO:
- Demonstrated experience in assisting public or nonprofit organizations to set vision, strategy, tactics, and delivery of diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives;
- Ability to influence and build relationships, work collaboratively with individuals or teams from all areas and levels of the organization, community, and business partners;
- Strong communications skills and ability to use a variety of media in the development and execution of the agency’s communication plan;
- Ability to work independently and achieve results on own initiatives as well as cross-functional teams;
- Proven ability to act at both the strategic and tactical levels in a fast-paced environment; must be extremely organized, detail oriented, flexible and able to multitask;
- Thought leader in the area of diversity and inclusion with experience developing, implementing, and evaluating programs and processes;
- Data driven and able to use internal and external data to inspire change and measure impact;
- Demonstrated passion for and interest in leading diversity and inclusion initiatives;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information;
- Comfort with ambiguity, uncertainty, and rapidly evolving landscape;
- Change management knowledge and experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM REQUIRED FUNCTIONS:
CONSTANT (67% - 100%):
Sit for extended periods of time
Manual dexterity (Left, Right, Both)
Hearing and speaking
Pushing and pulling 5lbs (LRB)
Lifting and carrying 5lbs (LRB)
Repetitive arm/hand movement (LRB)
FREQUENT (34% - 66%):
Walking and standing (LRB)
Turning and twisting wrist (LRB)
Lifting and carrying 15lbs (LRB)
Pushing and Pulling 15lbs (LRB)
Finger manipulation (LRB) Operating foot controls (LRB)
OCCASIONAL (1% - 33%):
Kneeling and squatting
Pushing and pulling 20lbs (LRB)
Bending and stooping
Lifting and carrying 20lbs (LRB)
Reaching above shoulders
REQUIRED PROFICIENCY IN USE OF:
10 Key Calculator, Desk Computer, Copy Machines, Fax Machine, File Cabinets, Writing Instruments,Telephone and Cell Phone, Motor Vehicle, Printer, Manual Stapler, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, File Folders, Scanner, MS PowerPoint, Laptop Computer.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Valid Washington State Driver's license or ability to obtain one within 60 days and good driving record;
- Fair Housing Certification or ability to obtain one within 90 days.
Additional (Desirable) Qualifications
- Fluency in Russian, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Arabic or Spanish language
The Everett Housing Authority is a progressive agency pursuing its mission with great passion and a high level of professionalism and competence. EHA seeks passionate and optimistic individuals to join our team of highly engaged and satisfied employees committed to assisting those for whom stable and affordable housing is a challenge. EHA’s work has been recognized nationally with awards from NAHRO and Nan McKay. Most recently, EHA received NAHRO’s National Awards of Merit for a fully accessible community garden open to public housing residents and members of the surrounding community and for highly creative financing to convert 333 public housing units to project-based Housing Choice Vouchers and improve these properties with over $20 million in renovations. In addition, EHA received a NAHRO’s National Award of Excellence for a new 20-unit development serving survivors of domestic violence.
Members of our team are rewarded with meaningful work, competitive compensation, employee-friendly policies, a team environment, great benefits, and promotion and bonus opportunities. Please consider joining our team in pursuit of the exciting challenge of meeting the affordable housing needs of Everett and Snohomish County.