The HireMojo Team
The Colony Group seeks a motivated and qualified individual for the position of Accounts Receivable Associate. The individual selected for this opportunity will report into our Director of Finance and Senior Finance Associate and be dedicated to ensuing all accounts are in good standing and the procedures instituted reflect the standard of excellence. While the Accounts Receivable Associate will be based in the New York City office, they will be responsible for processing payments from all locations.
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Processing, verifying, and applying payments for services rendered.
- Researching and resolving account discrepancies.
- Maintaining records regarding payments and account statuses.
- Obtaining information from other departments to ensure records are accurate and complete and that accounts receivable ledgers and journals are up to date.
- Performing administrative and clerical tasks, such as data entry, preparing invoices, sending bill reminders, filing paperwork, and contacting clients to discuss their accounts.
- Generating aging reports and statements for advisors;
- Engaging in ongoing educational opportunities to update job knowledge.
The position requires:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 2-4 years of relevant experience;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and proven ability to learn other software and technology;
- Notable attention to detail, self-initiated follow-through, and outstanding time management and organizational skills; and
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to juggle multiple and competing tasks and demands.
The position prefers:
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel;
- Financial accounting experience;
- Basic understanding of financial services;
- Great Plains software knowledge.
The Colony Group provides investment, wealth management, and other financial advisory services to a multitude of high-net-worth and ultra-high-net-worth private clients as well as a prestigious base of institutional clients. Founded in 1986 and managed by financial professionals dedicated to providing objective advice and exceptional service, The Colony Group manages over $7.5 billion in client assets and has offices in Massachusetts, New York, Virginia, Florida, Colorado, and Maryland. For more information, please visit www.thecolonygroup.com.