The HireMojo Team
Webroot is seeking a highly motivated and hands on DevOps Engineer to maintain and improve the reliability and uptime of Webroot Product and Services. We're looking for seasoned candidates with extensive experience in database technologies, networking, Google Cloud and AWS. In this position, you will work with close with our Dev, DBA’s and Network teams to ensure that Webroot products are deployed and managed to world class reliability standards. You will be instrumental in leading the team to monitor, secure and optimize our next generation infrastructure soup to nuts.
We are using the latest cloud based technologies including EC2, S3, EBS, RDS, CloudFront, Elasticache, Route53, Terraform, Ansible and other automation tools. We are early adopters/experimenters for many of the latest tools and technology stacks. In this position you’ll help us greatly expand our footprint designing how we can use new technologies, better use multiple geographies, high availability, elasticity, and high performance optimizations, as well as leading the DevOps culture for the company. We are also launching major projects in Security and Compliance as well as in cost engineering.
In this position your primary focus will be working with development teams at Webroot to help enable CI/CD systems using automation tools such as Ansible and Jinja.
You Bring to the Table:
- Excellent people and communication skills with at least 3 years of experience in a DevOps and Agile environment.
- Experience in setting up release processes and managing software releases in complex enterprise environments, with business application and third-party products, and SaaS solutions.
- Experience with build CI/CD platforms such as Gitlab/Jenkins/CircleCI/Teamcity
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycles for shipping software to production
- Experience with Windows configuration management automation (powershell)
- Drive tactical delivery and strategic deployment architectures for multiple teams.
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of system and determine priority of needs.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using tools like Terraform, Ansible, Salt and Docker.
- Solid understanding of Linux
- Shell scripting (bash, powershell, python, ruby)
- Experience with tools and technologies like, SVN, Git, Jira, ELK, New Relic, Nagios and so on.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service infrastructure
- Ability to handle multiple deliverables, both scheduled and unscheduled, like planned releases, major/minor/emergency deployments, builds, etc.
- Experience working with global teams effectively.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems or equivalent experience
At Webroot, we do more than secure our customers' personal computers, mobile devices and networks. We also nurture our employees' most critical assets – their talents, experience, and career aspirations. Webroot has the energy of a start-up with the strength and stability of an Internet security market leader. We foster the innovative culture you'd expect of a company that's making a statement. Webroot is a company in which you can invest yourself fully, knowing that you're not only protecting our customers around the world, but also that your talents and innovation will be recognized and rewarded. We encourage you to learn more about us and explore our job openings. Secure your future. Ensure the same for your career. Principals only - no third parties, please. Webroot Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Webroot, we believe in rewarding success. Our total rewards philosophy includes highly competitive salaries and a robust benefits package that you can view here.