The HireMojo Team
The Colony Group seeks a motivated and qualified individual for the position of Talent Engagement Associate. The individual selected for this opportunity will assist the firm’s Vice President of Human Capital in providing a broad range of recruiting and Human Capital support to the Colony Group. While the position is based primarily in Boston, this individual will be responsible for recruiting for roles nationally.
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Establishing recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives; meeting with managers to discuss needs and create job descriptions;
- Determining applicant requirements by studying job description and job qualifications;
- Maintaining job boards and public postings;
- Proactively recruiting qualified candidates both for open positions and to build pipeline;
- Creating qualified pools of candidates for open positions and maintaining relationships with a pipeline of candidates for select positions’ future openings;
- Coordinating structure, timing, and content of management interviews;
- Evaluating applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers; interviewing applicants on a consistent set of qualifications; assessing candidates for cultural fit;
- Improving organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices; monitoring job offers and compensation practices; emphasizing benefits and perks;
- Avoiding legal challenges by understanding current legislation; enforcing regulations with managers; recommending new procedures; conducting training;
- Assisting with onboarding and keeping accurate records of all candidates and new hires.
The position requires:
- A Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years’ relevant experience;
- A demonstrated track record of recruiting candidates who have remained in placed position for the long term;
- An understanding of positions within the industry;
- Superb written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience using hiring tools such as Hiremojo, LinkedIn, Indeed, and Monster;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, and proven ability to learn other technology;
- Notable attention to detail, self-initiated follow-through, and outstanding time management and organizational skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-office environment and to juggle multiple and competing tasks and demands; and
- Travel between offices.
The position prefers:
Experience recruiting for at all levels within the financial services industry.
The Colony Group, LLC provides investment, wealth management, and other financial advisory services to a multitude of high-net-worth and ultra-high-net-worth private clients as well as a prestigious base of institutional clients. Founded in 1986 and managed by financial professionals dedicated to providing objective advice and exceptional service, The Colony Group manages over $8 billion in client assets and has offices in Massachusetts, New York, Virginia, Florida, Colorado, and Maryland. For more information, please visit www.thecolonygroup.com.