The HireMojo Team
East Central College has an immediate opening for a part-time Testing Center Clerk responsible for providing testing services to students, faculty, staff and area businesses. Coordinate and administer a variety of tests on ECC campus, satellite campuses, and area high schools.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Completion of an Associate's degree and one year related work experience. Community College experience preferred.
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Administer tests in the Testing Center at main campus, providing secure exam delivery of paper & pencil or computer-based tests.
- Obtain appropriate certifications for test proctoring (i.e. Pearson Vue)
- Respond to and/or direct inquiries made in person and on the phone.
- Maintain a comfortable, quiet, and secure testing environment.
- Ensure security of test materials by filing them promptly and appropriately.
- Maintain logs of all tests administered in the Testing Center.
- Check-in examinees, verify identification, and provide proper testing instructions. Make sure that only permitted items are carried into the testing room, and that remaining possessions are properly stored.
- Adhere to departmental and/or external testing regulations and procedures, as specified on exam cover sheets, correspondence course instruction sheets, or standardized testing procedure manuals.
- Monitor examinees while testing to ensure that testing regulations are strictly followed.
- Report incidents of academic dishonesty to the appropriate instructor, VP of Student Development, and Associate and Learning Center Directors.
- Communicate all relevant testing information/procedures/restrictions to other Testing/Learning Center personnel.
- Update electronic calendar with scheduled testing appointments.
- Report needed repairs or updates of computers, software, furniture, etc.in testing rooms to appropriate department and/or Learning Center Director.
- Assist the Learning & Testing Center team with administrative tasks, as needed.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
This is a part-time position not to exceed 19.75 hours per week; varied hours within Monday - Friday
Salary will commensurate with experience.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.