The HireMojo Team
Are you looking for a position at a mission-driven, innovative organization with great benefits? If so, join Boulder Housing Partners! We build, own, and manage affordable housing in the City of Boulder, bringing together staff and stakeholders from diverse backgrounds to accomplish a common goal.
OVERALL JOB OBJECTIVE:
Under general supervision, to provide support to the property managers for public housing, section 8 project-based, affordable, tax credit, and market rate housing in the City of Boulder. Function include eligibility determinations, processing renewal and recertification paperwork, showing apartments, compliance and reporting, filling in for property manager as needed and related duties as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manage all aspects of leasing vacant units while following BHP's policies and procedures. This includes the following:
- Respond to inquiries from potential residents in a timely, professional and engaging manner via telephone and walk-ins
- Schedule appointments for apartment tours
- Conduct pre-leasing inspections of vacant units to ensure units are ready to show and in move-in condition
- Show available units
- Scan all documentation into File Vision upon receiving and recycle immediately
- Check files for eligibility criteria
- Conduct background checks
- Conduct landlord references
- Process applications for housing
- Process and maintain waitlists
- Track and enter all traffic into Yardi
- Drive the leasing process to exceed monthly leasing goals
2. Assist with process all paperwork and mailings related to recertifications and renewals. This includes the following:
- Maintain and create filing and logging systems for first, second and final mailings
- Process recertification and send notification of recertification to residents
- Mail letters and packets and track return of documents
- Review forms for accuracy and completeness. Research and obtain missing information as needed
- Organize paperwork and assist as requested
- Track traffic, enter data into Yardi software system
- Maintain organized resident files
3. Assist property managers by:
- Holding office hours on-site as needed
- Posting notices at sites
- Interpreting for Spanish-speaking clients
4. Assist property managers with resident issues, including:
- Monitor rent collections and late payment reports
- Initiate and follow up on resident payback agreements
- Assist with resident issues, requests and communications
- Working knowledge of Reasonable Accommodation situations under Section 504
5. Assist with all other paperwork issues, including but not limited to filing, reporting requirements for the various funders and program administrators.
6. Performs related duties as required by management to meet the needs of BHP.
7. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this position.
8. Takes proper safety precautions, anticipates unsafe circumstances, and acts accordingly to prevent accidents. Is responsible for the safety of self, others, materials, and equipment. Uses all required safety equipment.
Boulder Housing Partners is committed to hiring employees who provide good customer service; our employees communicate courteously and responsively and provide effective and efficient service to the public and co-workers.
High school diploma or equivalent. Strong organizational experience. Experience with data entry and database management. Ability to accurately verify multiple sources of information and make assessments. Demonstrated ability to communicate with internal and external customers; proven composure in difficult situations; ability to manage and resolve conflict effectively. Attention to detail. Ability to work with diverse populations. Interest, desire, ability and commitment to provide excellent customer service in person and over the telephone. Ability to work independently, take initiative, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and to assume responsibility for completion of complex workload without close supervision. Acceptable background information, including criminal history. Valid Colorado driver's license and acceptable motor vehicle record. Must use own vehicle.
Bilingual English and Spanish preferred. Strong administrative experience preferred. Experience with housing software, particularly Yardi preferred. Customer service oriented.
Founded in 1966, Boulder Housing Partners (BHP) is known for creative and award-winning approaches. BHP’s goal is to make living in Boulder possible and affordable, regardless of income. We are committed to fostering a healthy sense of community in every property we develop. We are an inclusive organization that operates creatively, decisively, and effectively, with strong and consistent values and an understanding that housing is as much about people as it is about place. We build, own and manage 33% of the total inventory of affordable housing in Boulder, making a strong contribution to City Council's goal that 10% of all housing is permanently affordable.
Our commitment to the organizational stewardship of assets involves fostering a caring and supportive work environment for our most valuable asset - our employees. We realize that our mission can only be realized with a team of dedicated and passionate people. BHP provides professional development opportunities as well as a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays and personal days, as well as retirement benefits. Our culture promotes work-life balance and opportunities to engage in healthy lifestyle activities.
What it’s like to work with us:
If your goal is to help build diverse and inclusive communities by providing homes, creating community and changing lives, consider joining us at BHP. We know our employees are our most important resource, in addition to rewarding and meaningful work we enjoy:
- Medical, dental, vision health plans
- Retirement benefits that includes PERA defined benefit plan plus 401k and 457 plans
- Paid life insurance
- Employee wellness program
- Long term disability
- 11 paid holidays per year plus vacation and sick leave
- Excellent work-life programs, such as flexible schedules, training opportunities, and more