The HireMojo Team
Looking for a career opportunity? Come join a company who is highly successful and setting records year over year. Recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in the nation, by INC 5000 and rated 18 of 100 top privately-held Whatcom County based companies, we are searching for an experienced Account Manager to join our Benefits team.
The Account Manager is the primary contact for a select group of clients and provides technical expertise and effective customer service to develop and strengthen the client relationship. We are seeking a career-driven and goal-oriented thinker with exceptional organizational skills. The ideal candidate will also have advanced communication and customer service skills, strong analytical and technical skills, produce highly accurate work, and possess a working knowledge of the Health Insurance Industry and Affordable Care Act.
• Provide excellent customer service to existing and prospective clients.
• Maintain open communication within clients, producers, and internal team, including timelines and expectations.
• Proactively support clients through renewals and implementation of new benefit platforms.
• Work with insurance carriers to obtain quotes and determine appropriate carriers for clients.
• Review agreements and/or documents such as applications, booklets, carrier contracts, etc.
• Responsible for explaining new benefit offerings and communication strategies to existing clients.
• Compose or assist in composition of highly technical or sensitive correspondence.
• Resolve policy and coverage related concerns for clients, insurance carriers, and Producers.
• Enter and maintain accurate and clear documentation within agency computer system regarding client, agent, and carrier.
• Participate in group meetings, industry seminars, and training programs.
• Update clients on current legislative changes and developments.
• Support the Benefits team and assist with special projects.
• Hold and maintain Life and Disability License or ability to obtain within 30 days.
• Two years of Account Management experience on health and disability lines preferred.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
• Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to develop sound relationships with multiple clients.
• Strong project management, organizational skills and time management skills to prioritize workload and meet time-sensitive deadlines.
• Ability to travel locally based on client and business needs.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual with at least three years’ experience in a corporate or client services environment. Previous experience working for an insurance broker or carrier is highly preferred. We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide excellent pay, benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason, a comprehensive total rewards package is offered to include a competitive salary, health benefits, 401(k), PTO program, paid holidays, career growth and professional development opportunities.
Founded in 1946, Rice Insurance is an independently-owned, full service insurance broker located in beautiful Bellingham, Washington. We believe in building long term relationships with our clients and holding our employees to a high level of integrity. At Rice Insurance, LLC we believe that offering clients the highest level of service starts with creating a terrific work environment and that’s why we’re looking for only the best and the brightest.