The HireMojo Team
East Central College has an opening for an Admissions Counselor for High School Populations responsible for increasing the image and visibility of the college in the community by promoting academic and career/technical programs through recruitment and admission of high school, adult, AEL, and transfer students. Serve as the primary liaison between high school and college personnel.
Minimum Qualifications:(A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Completion of bachelor's degree, one year related experience; Experience in a secondary or postsecondary educational setting preferred.
(Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Serve as the primary college liaison between high school and college personnel.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with high school and technical school administrators, counselors and teachers to facilitate referral of high school students and to respond to school needs.
- Make individual contacts with potential students and provide information necessary to facilitate their enrollment at ECC.
- Assess and respond to the needs of high school students, their families and area high school districts.
- Collaborate with faculty and other departments to promote and implement effective recruitment and marketing strategies for all ECC programs.
- Record and maintain records on recruitment activities, prospective students, and outcome achievements; prepare monthly status updates on the decisions and progress of prospective students.
- Assess the effectiveness of individual recruitment efforts, supporting continuous quality improvement.
- Represent the college at recruitment programs and events and encourage students to consider attending ECC.
- Assist with outreach efforts targeted to enroll a specified number of new students each term, following up by tracking students who enroll.
- Update and maintain the annual High School Directory.
- Set up and staff promotional booths, exhibits, and displays at high school and community events.
- Assist with preparation and presentation of information promoting college enrollment high school classes, parent groups, and other appropriate audiences as assigned.
- Support and promote all college recruitment events and serve on planning committees as necessary.
- Assist Admissions with new student intake and respond to requests from prospective students.
- Facilitate visits, campus tours, and personal contacts between program faculty and prospective students.
- Participate in College committees and professional organizations.
- Requires local travel through the recruitment period.
- Communicate effectively in a professional, tactful and courteous manner with students, employees, faculty, and the general public.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner with minimal supervision.
To view full description, click here.
Benefits: ECC offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee. Retirement benefits, generous paid leave, tuition waiver and tuition reimbursement benefits.
Salary will commensurate with experience.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.