The HireMojo Team
East Central College has an opening for a part-time Library Technician – Public Services, responsible for providing circulation services and standard reference assistance and instruction to library patrons.
Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Completion of an Associate's degree or equivalent education and 2 years related experience.
ESSENTIAL TASKS: Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.
- Provide circulation services and standard reference assistance and instruction in a professional and confidential manner to a diverse population.
- Manage interlibrary loan (ILL) and ArticleReach (AR) services, tracking statistics as needed.
- Process circulation notices (overdue, courtesy, and billed notices).
- Process and route inter-college library book requests (MOBIUS) and intra-college library materials requests; maintain proper tracking records.
- Receive, interpret and handle incoming telephone calls and online chats concerning Circulation Desk issues, Reference questions, Group Study Room reservations and other library related issues.
- Create library publications and signage.
- Process and determine method of disposal for discarded library materials
- Manage the Friends of the Library Book Sales and on-going Book Sale Cart
- Manage the Better World Books project
- Create library displays and assist with promotions.
- Library materials maintenance: examine materials on shelves for accurate placement; identify materials in need of repair/replacement; repair materials; and shift collections as needed.
- Provide patrons with assistance in using the internet, various computer programs, printers and copiers
- Represent library at college functions; orientations; special events
- Conduct college business in a professional and ethical manner that includes the College's core values of integrity, excellence, dignity, accountability, environmental responsibility and global citizenry.
- Communicate effectively in a professional, tactful and courteous manner with students, employees, faculty, and the general public.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner with minimal supervision.
Minimum starting hourly rate: $10.50 hour.
This is a part-time position not to exceed 19.75 hours per week; varied hours within Monday - Thursday 7:30am - 7:30pm, Friday 7:30am - 2pm and occasional weekend (s).
Anticipated start date late August or early September.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.