The HireMojo Team
East Central College has an immediate opening for a part-time Academic Advisor for the Nursing & Allied Health department responsible for providing academic advisement, career exploration, recruitment and career counseling to pre-nursing and pre-allied health (health science) students. Assist students in selecting their educational and career goals and enrolling in appropriate classes and programs.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Bachelor's degree and two years related work experience.
- A degree in a healthcare related field or academic advising is preferred.
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Provide career exploration and academic advisement services to prospective and current pre-nursing and pre-allied health students.
- Assist with the student registration process.
- Assist with and engage in recruitment of pre-nursing and pre-allied health students.
- Attend department, division, and / or program advisory committee meetings as appropriate.
- Communicate effectively in a professional, tactful and courteous manner with students, employees, faculty, and the general public.
- Refer students who may need access services to the proper place, records and reports.
- Serve as a liaison between student services such as mentoring, tutoring, financial aid and counseling. Refer students to college counseling and / or community based support services as appropriate.
- Maintain student records within the Early Alert System to identify “at risk” students in need of early intervention to promote success.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
Salary will commensurate with experience.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.