The HireMojo Team
East Central College has an opening for a Performing Arts Center Manager responsible for the overall operations of the Performing Arts Center (JEAPAC), including scheduling and coordinating fine and performing arts activities, designing and operating lighting, sound, and stage equipment, coordinating ticket sales, and providing support for activities, events, and performances.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Completion of associate's degree, bachelor’s preferred;
- Two years full-time work related experience as center manager or technical director, lighting design and or set design.
ESSENTIAL TASKS: Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.
- Plan, organize, schedule, coordinate, and communicate JEAPAC operations, events and performances, including the use of technical and non-technical equipment, with faculty, staff, and external groups.
- Create, update, share, and maintain a master calendar for scheduling of events and activities in the JEAPAC. Coordinate with Facilities and Grounds regarding processed reservations. And conduct production meetings to aid in the coordination of activities in the JEAPAC.
- Design, execute, and run varied theatrical design for JEAPAC events and productions (design assignment may vary based on production need) in conjunction with the Technical Director, faculty, staff, and external representatives as needed.
- Maintain a running inventory of all JEAPAC technical equipment and research, recommend and order new equipment as needed in conjunction with the technical director and performing arts faculty and staff.
- Inspect and perform equipment and system maintenance and/or coordinate with external representatives to perform system maintenance on a regular basis.
- Supervise the Box Office Clerk and oversee the ticketing systems, ticket input and sales, customer relations, house management, and usher supervision.
- Plan and conduct regular production meetings with the JEAPAC faculty and staff regarding event and production needs.
- Coordinate with ECC Facilities Department to assist with room setup and breakdown for JEAPAC events.
- Alternating work schedule which will include weekends, evenings, and long hours.
- Communicate effectively in a professional, tactful and courteous manner with students, employees, faculty, and the general public.
View full job description here.
Benefits: ECC offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee for employee only coverage. Retirement benefits, generous paid leave, tuition waiver and tuition reimbursement benefits.
Minimum starting salary: $33,000; will commensurate with experience.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.