The HireMojo Team
You are an experienced DevOps architect and leader looking for a challenge. You have a track record of designing systems architectures that display your technical mastery, but also show a keen understanding of the end users and business objectives of a company. You want to work with a tight-knit, high-impact team that is committed to solving complex problems with innovative and elegant solutions. At Carbonite, we seek to empower a DevOps architect to have a highly visible and mission-critical impact on our technical infrastructure. The DevOps architect will report to a Director of Operations and will operate across Carbonite, prioritizing architectural activities first as part of a group of Operations Architects with a unified vision.
We are looking for a passionate DevOps leader that wants to build great things, is both innovative and methodical, is customer focused, security astute, and understands that we are in the business of providing a great customer experience. You will use your advanced level knowledge of, and hands-on experience with, complex complex and high-quality automation pipelines, tools, and frameworks. . You are a strong communicator who knows how to get stuff done. You’re an evangelist when it comes to solutions that you know will have a positive impact on the company. You will drive network automation and continuous improvement. If this sounds like the challenge you seek, apply today!
In this job you will:
Your First Six Months:
- Learn about our production and corporate services residing on public and private cloud environments
- Work with members of the Operations, Product Engineering, InfoSec, and IT teams
- Build relationships with colleagues across the entire organization
- Pursue a rigorous, disciplined approach to software development process and automation
- Obtain or update required certifications
- Think globally Help us to achieve our vision of 100% full automated provisioning and deployment automation of all of our production applications and back office services
- Work closely with a wide variety of people to help educate and communicate how our systems work, how they are going to work and why they work [or don’t]
- Consult with the DevOps team to help answer questions regarding project work
- Use expert problem solving to evaluate new technologies or deep dive into advanced problems
- Troubleshoot pipeline, systems, network, and even application issues in concert with other architects and engineers to resolution including thorough documentation
- Third level escalation point along with the DevOps team for pipelines and pipeline tools issues
- Participate and contribute to architectural reviews of all projects
- Identify areas for improvement in existing infrastructure and processes, take ownership, develop solutions with the team, and lead projects through completion
- Work with all teams to develop automated tasks, code reviews, and test environments
- Prepare and maintain documentation of standards, configurations, procedures
- Ability to gather, analyze and organize data into dashboards
- Develop automated deployment, operations, and self-healing across a diverse set of services and technologies using our standard toolsets and in conjunction with the Ops Automation and QE teams.
- Proficiently communicate and document all work and processes
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science is preferred or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of design and architecture experience
- AWS Certified – must be certified within 6 months of hire
- Azure Solutions Architect – must be certified within 6 months of hire
- Demonstrable experience scripting with languages like Python, PowerShell, bash, etc.
- Experience with source and artifact management systems such as GitHub, Artifactory, or similar
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef, Ansible, PowerShell or others
- Experience with orchestration tools such as Jenkins, Rundeck, or similar
- Experience with secret management tools such as Thycotic Secret Server, Ansible Vault, or similar
- Experience with database systems and complex SQL statements for database solutions like MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, etc. from an Ops perspective.
- Exposure to monitoring and APM tools solutions such as Icinga, SCOM, SolarWinds, or similar.
- Experience supporting and executing change management activities
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to create and update diagrams and workflows for each project
- Public speaking and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead a project from design, implementation, to completion
Carbonite was launched with a clear goal: Provide easy-to-use, secure and affordable online backup to the consumer market. Today we are a leading provider of data protection, with a comprehensive portfolio of solutions purpose-built for consumers, small and midsized businesses with a global network of partners including VARs, MSPs and OEMs.
Together with Webroot—acquired by Carbonite in 2019—we provide end-to-end data resilience. Our company vision is to safeguard people and businesses from the cost and consequences of data loss and cyber threats. We deliver on that vision with powerful antivirus protection plus easy-to-use backup and recovery services.
Our business requires top talent. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. From engineering to sales and marketing, operations and customer support, our 1600 employees are empowered and encouraged to build their careers at Carbonite.
We pride ourselves on hiring standout candidates who shine in a workplace that encourages collaboration and teamwork. Carbonite is growing fast, and we’re currently looking for talented candidates around the globe. Are you ready to grow with us?