The HireMojo Team
The Cogeneration/CHP Service Technician Apprentice is responsible for providing routine and scheduled maintenance services to GI Energy's Service Solutions' facilities in southern California. This is an excellent opportunity to apply your mechanical skills and interest in power generation equipment across a portfolio of cogeneration/CHP assets.
As a Cogeneration/CHP Service Technician Apprentice based in GI Energy's shop in Anaheim, CA your primary mission will be to receive training and apply your new skills to large industrial stationary reciprocating engines and generators located in hospitals, office buildings, universities and industrial facilities. Strong technical skills, coupled with your drive for continuous improvement and passion for sustainable low carbon energy solutions will ensure your success.
Specific day-to-day responsibilities will generally include the following:
- Perform tasks as assigned by supervisor/management and/or lead technician
- Receive service, maintenance and troubleshooting training from Journeymen and Master Service Technicians
- Read and interpret equipment manuals
- Determine the best possible procedure to perform job safely and effectively
- Perform routine inspections and maintenance as outlined in service contracts
- Assist with engine major maintenance and overhauls
- Demonstrate excellent productivity for job task being performed
- Complete all required paperwork including service reports and time cards
- Work safely and maintain the work with high standards of housekeeping
- Properly follow LO/TO procedures
To be successful in this role, the following is required:
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience, preferably in a maintenance or field service role
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Trade / technical school training in field of work
- Must have a valid driver license and have a driving record that complies with GI Energy requirements
- Pass drug and background checks
- Willing to work overtime, nights and weekends on a limited basis
GI Energy’s vision is to be the leading provider of microgrid and distributed energy resources in North America. Through initial feasibility to design, installation, financing, remote monitoring and long-term maintenance, we are unique in our range and depth of skills, and have a demonstrated track record of success. With recent financial backing from Shell New Energies US LLC, we are poised to accelerate the growth of the company by delivering compelling and creative solutions to customers that demand energy resiliency, reliability, low carbon footprints and an economic value proposition.
The GI Energy team offers a unique approach to developing and implementing energy projects at customer sites. This approach begins with a thorough analysis of actual energy use and prevailing market conditions. We take into account local utility tariffs, available incentives and the best technologies from across the Distributed Energy Resource (DER) sector.
GI Energy is a leader in providing our customers with intelligent energy solutions. Since 2001, we have harnessed core technologies in geothermal heating and cooling and combined heat and power/cogeneration (CHP) to deliver turnkey distributed energy solutions across a range of US and European markets.
GI Energy is an affiliate of Shell New Energies US LLC.