The HireMojo Team
The Development Associate is responsible for creating new sales and channel relationships for GI Energy’s Development group which focuses on developing project opportunities in the C&I, educational, real estate and utility markets. This role will identify, influence, present and close sales opportunities with new customers and assist with marketing and outreach to channel partners and trade organizations. In addition, the successful candidate will have the capability to work with other members on the Development team to progress specific opportunities, helping to author proposals, presentations and other customer communications. While the position is located in our West Hollywood office, it is expected that the successful candidate will be able to support our operations across the country, including the west coast, midwest and northeast markets. This is an entry-level position that will allow the successful candidate to gain entry into the renewable energy sector with a dynamic and growing company, backed by one of the largest company's on the planet.
The Development Associate will:
- Identify and generate leads through prospecting, event attendance, and outreach across multiple market verticals
- Develop strategic relationships with partners and potential customers
- Set up meetings with potential clients for the senior business development team
- Update CRM activities
- Set up lunch and learns and distribute certificates
- Maintain Social Media Account
- Prepare and deliver a bimonthly sales report
- Coordinate the development of an opportunity with the analytics team
- Locate RFP opportunities
- Gather intelligence for senior development team on opportunities they are pursuing
- Support in formatting proposals and presentations
- Work with marketing and sales to implement business development initiatives
- Coordinate attendance of conferences
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Salesforce
- Bachelor degree in marketing, environmental studies, business or engineering preferred
- A fast learning ability with a view to articulate to customers; the suite of GI's services; federal/state incentives; and contractual structures
- Comfortable networking, presenting and reaching out to potential clients
- Ability to work in small teams within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently, as needed
- Ability to learn basic analysis skills to assess market conditions and recognize trends
- Ability to gain knowledge of distributed energy resource (DER) projects across a variety of technologies including ground source heat pumps, combined heat and power, fuel cells, energy storage, microgrids and district energy solutions
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- A strong work ethic and team orientation is vital for this position
- Passion for transforming the energy industry and helping customers
All offers are contingent on passing a pre-employment background check. This is a truly unique opportunity to join an innovative and growing company.
GI Energy’s vision is to be the leading provider of microgrid and distributed energy resources in North America. Through initial feasibility to design, installation, financing, remote monitoring and long-term maintenance, we are unique in our range and depth of skills, and have a demonstrated track record of success. With recent financial backing from Shell New Energies US LLC, we are poised to accelerate the growth of the company by delivering compelling and creative solutions to customers that demand energy resiliency, reliability, low carbon footprints and an economic value proposition.
The GI Energy team offers a unique approach to developing and implementing energy projects at customer sites. This approach begins with a thorough analysis of actual energy use and prevailing market conditions. We take into account local utility tariffs, available incentives and the best technologies from across the Distributed Energy Resource (DER) sector.
GI Energy is a leader in providing our customers with intelligent energy solutions. Since 2001, we have harnessed core technologies in geothermal heating and cooling and combined heat and power/cogeneration (CHP) to deliver turnkey distributed energy solutions across a range of US and European markets.
GI Energy is an affiliate of Shell New Energies US LLC.