The HireMojo Team
East Central College has an opening for a Director, Communications and Marketing responsible for planning, developing, implementing and evaluating communication and marketing strategies. These responsibilities include public information, social media, advertising and publications.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Completion of bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, marketing or public relations
- Three years related experience preferred.
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Plan, organize and administer strategic print, outdoor media, social media and digital advertising campaigns for, including but not limited to, student recruitment, brand management, community outreach, special events and academic program awareness.
- Oversee the development and production of College publications including the annual report, student recruitment materials, department and program brochures and campus signage.
- Oversee, administer and update East Central College style guide as needed.
- Directly oversee, schedule, create and populate content for ECC social media platforms.
- Promote ECC programs and initiatives through strategic media outreach.
- Research, write and distribute news releases, photos and other information to local, regional and national media.
- Take photos and produce videos for college events, programs, departments, students and employees.
- Edit photos and videos using Adobe Suite for marketing purposes
- Serve as the College spokesperson in response to media inquiries, interview programs and other settings.
- Supervise, train and develop personnel assigned.
- Develop and administer the department budget.
- Act as public relations liaison between college and community organizations and clubs.
- Operate and manage emergency notification system on campus (ECC Alert).
- Create and manage constant flow of student-centric content for college website, social media and publications.
- Collect and analyze website and social media data.
- Participate in the formulation and administration of the college policies and procedures affecting public relations.
- Adjustment of hours involving evening and/or weekend work will be required.
- May be required to travel in state as well as locally to participate in meetings, conferences, and other activities.
- Conduct college business in a professional and ethical manner that includes the College’s core values of integrity, diversity, empowerment, service, learning and collaboration.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, other related duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
- Communicate effectively in a professional, tactful and courteous manner with students, employees, faculty and the general public.
- Ensure that all activities are conducted within the established College policies, FERPA guidelines and other applicable laws pertaining to employment and education.
View Job Description here.
Benefits: ECC offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee. Retirement benefits, generous paid leave, tuition waiver and tuition reimbursement benefits.
Salary will commensurate with experience.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.