The HireMojo Team
East Central College has an opening for a Vice President of Finance & Administration responsible for providing administrative leadership of the Business Office, Facilities & Grounds, Purchasing, and Auxiliary Enterprises (Food Service and Bookstore). Oversee the financial business of the college, including levy and bond finances, investment management, budget development and control, revenue and expenditure projections, and audit.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Completion of master's degree in business, finance, accounting or related field
- Five years budget management or related administrative experience and supervisory leadership experience
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Advise the President and other administrators regarding the financial operations of the College.
- Supervise all personnel assigned, recommending selection, retention, promotion and discharge as appropriate.
- Directly administer the development and implementation of the annual budget, including appropriate analysis of issues affecting revenue and/or expenditures, preparation of long-range budget forecasts, administration of budget process, and recommend budget amendments as necessary through the course of each fiscal year.
- Review and make recommendations for new and/or revised policies related to college finances and administrative services, including, but not limited to, Section 4.0 of the College Policy Manual, and related procedures.
- Annually prepare Composite Financial Index (CFI) for the Higher Learning Commission, analyze and evaluate factors impacting the ratio, prepare and present to the President recommendations for increasing the CFI.
- Provide direct administration and leadership for implementation of Strategic Plan initiatives related to institutional finances.
- Maintain an internal control system to ensure that financial transactions are based upon established procedures as required by the United States government, the State of Missouri, the college auditors and Board of Trustees' policies and procedures
- Oversee the development and preparation of all monthly and annual financial reports for the President of the College and the College Board of Trustees and other reports as required. Present and discuss monthly financial statements at board meetings, to cabinet, and other stakeholders as designated by the President.
- Coordinate the annual audit, including supplying auditors with all necessary information. Prepare the Management Discussion and Analysis (MDA) component of the audit.
- Distribute audited financial statements to banks, rating agencies, clearinghouses, governmental entities, and other stakeholders.
- Lead the development of annual changes to the schedule of tuition and fees; develop and present annual recommendation to the President.
- Oversee the preparation of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Qualifications (RFQ) in accordance with college policy.
- Oversee college funds including daily monitoring, forecasting, investments of funds, and monitoring of pledged collateral. Administer purchasing and investment policies, and recommend changes as necessary.
- Review and recommend appropriate insurance coverage (casualty, liability, and other coverages, excluding employee benefits) on behalf of the college.
- Prepare all fiscal notes/analyses of pending legislation, as requested by the Missouri Department of Higher Education, General Assembly, or other governmental entities.
- Review, negotiate, and/or monitor execution of contracts for services.
- Review, negotiate, and/or monitor all leases entered by the college; develop and present recommendations for annual renewal of leases
- Communicate effectively in a professional, tactful and courteous manner with students, employees, faculty, and the general public.
View full job description here.
Benefits: ECC offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee. Retirement benefits, generous paid leave, tuition waiver and tuition reimbursement benefits.
Salary will commensurate with experience.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.