The HireMojo Team
East Central College has an opening for an Associate Director of Financial Aid responsible for assisting in the administration of all federal, state, and college student financial aid programs, providing leadership in financial aid operations and advising financial aid staff and providing service to all financial aid applicants and recipients.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Completion of bachelor's degree
- One year related experience preferred, financial aid experience is essential
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Counsel and advise students and parents regarding financial aid programs and applications procedures and assist with the application proves.
- Provide guidance to financial aid applicants and loan recipients concerning financial planning, resources.
- Coordinate the Student Loan program and perform all aspects of loan approval notifying the Financial Services office weekly of loan disbursements; verifying that all funds are received and resolving any rejects as they occur.
- Review students' application materials for compliance with various forms of federal, state, and institutional assistance program eligibility requirements and make award decisions.
- Coordinate the loan default prevention program, encouraging borrowers to make arrangements for repayment, placing holds on accounts as necessary.
- Present financial aid orientation sessions at the main campus and extension centers as well as high schools and college fairs.
- Provide Financial Aid services to College satellite sites.
- Assist in establishing financial aid operating guidelines for determining eligibility and allocating resources and recommending process changes/improvement.
- Assist Director with annual reporting requirements, return of Title IV calculations and SAP Appeals; Dependency Overrides and Professional Judgments.
- Manage daily operations of the Financial Aid office including supervision in the absence of the Director.
- Attend meetings and participate in committees, as assigned, and attend training necessary to stay abreast of regulations concerning financial aid.
- Maintain communication with all divisions of the college, appropriate federal and state agencies, and lending institutions.
- Serve as the point of contact for the Delinquency Resolution third-party servicer.
- In coordination with the Finance Office, complete the monthly reconciliation of the federal Pell Grant program and federal student loan program.
- Serve as the secondary Destination Point Administrator for the College.
- Document and ensure the College’s compliance with Quality Assurance provision within the federal aid programs.
- Oversee/troubleshoot the document imaging service in the office.
- May require adjustment of schedule to work evening and/or occasional weekend.
- Communicate effectively in a professional, tactful and courteous manner with students, employees, faculty and the general public.
View full job description here.
Benefits: ECC offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee. Retirement benefits, generous paid leave, tuition waiver and tuition reimbursement benefits.
Salary will commensurate with experience.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.