The HireMojo Team
East Central College has an opening for full-time Accounts Receivable - Cashier responsible for invoicing, receiving, collecting and recording monies due to the college.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
Completion of Associates Degree; one year related experience.
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Receive/post cash & credit card transactions and other cashier duties
- Maintain cash fund
- Answer inquiries regarding student accounts
- Prepare bank deposits & verify deposits against the daily cash session totals
- Maintain appropriate documentation
- Disburse payroll, reimbursement & refund checks, as well as W-2s, 1098Ts & 1099s as needed
- Calculate charges and refunds; verify student loan and grant amounts.
- Monitor payment plans, mail invoices to students, & create invoices for some governmental agencies
- Sell tickets for theatre and special events.
- Maintain automobile registration records and issue parking tags
- Maintain lost and found
- Send delinquent accounts to Debt Offset/third party collections/credit bureau; report payments received to same agencies
- Adhere to written collections procedures
- Apply money collected from Debt Offset to student accounts and notify students
- Disburse any refunds for the soda and snack machines.
- Assist auditors when needed.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, other related duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
Benefits: ECC offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee. Retirement benefits, generous paid leave, tuition waiver and tuition reimbursement benefits.
Salary will commensurate with experience.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.