The HireMojo Team
East Central College has an opening for a full-time Maintenance Technician responsible for performing a variety of general maintenance duties which include electrical, mechanical, carpentry, and construction in the repair and maintenance of college facilities and equipment.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Completion of high school/GED and three years related work experience.
ESSENTIAL TASKS: (Employee must be able to perform the following functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Inspect buildings and equipment to ensure safe, well-maintained conditions, identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair.
- Perform minor troubleshooting and repairs; replace light bulbs, ballasts and fuses.
- Assist with preventive maintenance and troubleshooting on HVAC system, changing filters, bearings.
- Identify and perform basic service and repair on plumbing fixtures; open clogged lines and drains.
- Assist with minor carpentry and repair work.
- Maintain inventory of tools, supplies, and equipment; recommend tools, supplies, and equipment for purchase.
- Inspect, service, and maintain operational functionality of doors and windows.
- Basic ability to read, interpret and work from blueprints, drawings, or oral instruction on a variety of structures related to the construction project.
- Use a variety of machines, electrical and hand tools.
- Install or replace plugs, switches, outlets.
- Assist with snow removal.
- Respond to 24-hour emergency calls.
- Perform periodic maintenance of lawn equipment and vehicles.
- Assist with moving loading, unloading and storing supplies, furniture and equipment.
- Conduct college business in a professional and ethical manner that includes the College’s core values of integrity, diversity, empowerment, service, learning and collaboration.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
To view job description click here.
BENEFITS: ECC offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee for employee only coverage. Retirement benefits, generous paid leave, tuition waiver and tuition reimbursement benefits.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.