The HireMojo Team
You are an experience SQL Server Database Developer looking for an opportunity to grow your skillset and career. You have a strong foundation in transactional database development and you seek to apply your skills with a team that is high on collaboration but low on egos. At Webroot, in Broomfield, CO, we seek to empower a SQL Server developer to join a team dedicated to high levels of performance. As a SQL Server database developer you will work on critical enterprise level SQL Server databases, gaining an understanding of the data elements required for transactional development. In addition, you will develop and analyze database schemas, design and code T-SQL objects, and create database optimizations where applicable. Your ability to quickly translate business requirements into effective database solutions will be critical to your success. In this role, you will participate in the implementation of solutions that employ leading-edge technologies for critical ecommerce and business applications. If this sounds like the kind of high growth opportunity you seek, apply today!
In this job you will:
- Strong data analytic skills; Ability to troubleshoot data questions/discrepancies
- Design/analyze database schemas and optimize database design
- Strong T-SQL script creation, used in ad-hoc analysis and object creation
- Design, develop, and test database objects(tables, views, stored procedures, indexes, functions, constraints)
- Ability to understand complex business processes and applications which read/write to various databases
- Estimate development schedules and determine project scope
- Create code that meets design specifications, follows standards, easy to maintain
- Capable of identifying and proposing areas of improvement throughout the software development process
ssource control for the appropriate data objects.
- Work with other developers/business owners to achieve defined goals
You bring to the table:
- 4+ years experience designing and implementing database objects using best practices within Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience in eCommerce transactional SQL Server development
- Knowledge of proper database normalization, indexing, transaction protection, and locking is essential
- Develop tables, views, stored procedures, indexes, functions, and constraints
- Strong knowledge and experience using Transact-SQL including writing complex queries for ad-hoc requests and data analysis
HIGHLY DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with high transaction volumes and scalable database models
- Proficient knowledge of data modeling concepts and formalized database design including creating tables, indexes, and enforcing data integrity
- Experience working on a commercial Enterprise-level product with a database back-end is a strong plus
- exposure to NoSQL databases e.g. DynamoDB, HBase, Cassandra, Mongo would be great but are not essential
Carbonite was launched with a clear goal: Provide easy-to-use, secure and affordable online backup to the consumer market. Today we are a leading provider of data protection, with a comprehensive portfolio of solutions purpose-built for consumers, small and midsized businesses with a global network of partners including VARs, MSPs and OEMs.
Together with Webroot—acquired by Carbonite in 2019—we provide end-to-end data resilience. Our company vision is to safeguard people and businesses from the cost and consequences of data loss and cyber threats. We deliver on that vision with powerful antivirus protection plus easy-to-use backup and recovery services.
Our business requires top talent. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. From engineering to sales and marketing, operations and customer support, our 1600 employees are empowered and encouraged to build their careers at Carbonite.
We pride ourselves on hiring standout candidates who shine in a workplace that encourages collaboration and teamwork. Carbonite is growing fast, and we’re currently looking for talented candidates around the globe. Are you ready to grow with us?