The HireMojo Team
The Colony Group seeks a motivated and qualified individual for the position of Associate Wealth Advisor. The individual selected for this opportunity will be distinguished in academic achievement, dedicated to client service, and have the highest ethical and professional standards of excellence. The Associate Wealth Advisor provides a high level and broad range of technical and client management support to a financial counseling team and assists in managing all aspects of a client relationship.
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Development and implementation of financial planning solutions for clients and the ability to perform complex research and financial analysis related to those solutions;
- Maintaining an advanced understanding of investments, insurance, taxation, and estate planning, as well as the company’s investment strategies;
- Active communication with clients in meetings, presentations, and ongoing client-relationship management;
- Coordination of the management of client portfolios with the investment professionals of the firm;
- Communicating and collaborating with clients’ other advisors, including accountants, attorneys, and insurance advisors; and
- Assisting in converting prospects to clients.
The position requires:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, or a related field desirable or an equivalent amount of education and/or work experience;
- An advanced understanding of investments, insurance, tax planning, and estate planning;
- Two+ years of relevant work experience;
- Strong analytical skills, notable attention to detail, and self-initiated follow-through; and
- Strong work ethic and ability to contribute meaningfully on a high-performing team.
The position prefers:
- Candidates with a CPA, JD, MST, or CFP®;
- Experience serving HNW and UHNW clients;
- Experience with eMoney, Tamarac, Morningstar, HiddenLevers, Fact Set and SSAnalyzer; and
- Experience in income tax planning.
The Colony Group, LLC provides investment, wealth management, business management, tax compliance, and other financial advisory services to a multitude of high-net-worth and ultra-high-net-worth private clients as well as a prestigious base of institutional clients. Founded in 1986 and managed by financial professionals dedicated to providing objective advice and exceptional service, The Colony Group manages over $10 billion in client assets and has offices in Massachusetts, New York, Virginia, Florida, Colorado, Maryland, California and New Hampshire. For more information, please visit www.thecolonygroup.com.