The HireMojo Team
East Central College has an opening for a full-time Facilities and Grounds Technician responsible for performing a variety of general maintenance and repair duties which include electrical, mechanical, carpentry, and construction, as well as grounds work and event setups of college facilities.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Completion of high school/GED and three years related maintenance work experience
ESSENTIAL TASKS: (Employee must be able to perform the following functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Inspect buildings, electrical systems, grounds, and equipment to ensure safe, well-maintained conditions, identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair.
- Perform minor troubleshooting and repairs; replace light bulbs, ballasts and fuses.
- Assist with preventive maintenance and troubleshooting on HVAC system, changing filters, bearings.
- Complete maintenance work orders as assigned and in a timely manner.
- Identify and perform basic service and repair on plumbing fixtures; open clogged lines and drains.
- Identify and assist with carpentry and repair work.
- Operate a variety of machinery, equipment and tools including saws, router, drills, sanders, planers, drill presses and various hand tools.
- Maintain inventory of tools, supplies, and equipment; recommend tools, supplies, and equipment for purchase.
- Perform a variety of locksmith duties; install, repair, and replace locks on doors
- Inspect, service, and maintain operational functionality of doors and windows.
- Basic ability to read, interpret and work from blueprints, drawings, or oral instruction on a variety of structures related to the construction project.
- Install or replace plugs, switches, outlets.
- Assist with snow removal
- Perform periodic maintenance of lawn equipment and vehicles.
- Assist with moving loading, unloading and storing supplies, furniture and equipment.
- Perform basic grounds and landscaping maintenance using power driven tools and equipment, such as mower, edger, power clippers, and vacuum/blower devices.
- Plant, water and maintain landscaped areas consisting of bushes, trees, flowers and shrubs; trim and prune bushes, trees and shrubs.
- Remove refuse and trash from grounds.
- Transport material and equipment from warehouse to various locations.
- Receive, unload, load, and move furniture, equipment and supplies
- Set up chairs, tables, and other equipment or supplies needed for events; take down chairs, tables, and other equipment after events.
- Prepare venues for athletic competitions.
- Conduct college business in a professional and ethical manner that includes the College’s core values of integrity, diversity, empowerment, service, learning and collaboration.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
BENEFITS: ECC offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee for employee only coverage. Retirement benefits, generous paid leave, tuition waiver and tuition reimbursement benefits.
Salary will commensurate with experience.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled per semester in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.