The HireMojo Team
Are you looking for a position at a mission-driven, innovative organization with great benefits? If so, join Boulder Housing Partners! We build, own, and manage affordable housing in the City of Boulder, bringing together staff and stakeholders from diverse backgrounds to accomplish a common goal.
Our preferred candidate will possess the leadership skills necessary to direct all aspects of property management operations and have a minimum of three years of experience managing a portfolio with a minimum of 500+ multi-family units. Candidates should also be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, be able to pay attention to details and have the ability to function effectively in a fast paced environment. Bilingual English and Spanish preferred.
Salary Range is $70,000 - $78,000 DOQ
OVERALL JOB OBJECTIVE:
Under general supervision of the Director of Property Management, the Regional Property Manager plans, directs, and supervises site management activities within the Property Management Department. The Regional Property Manager supports BHP’s operational objectives by managing the team members to ensuring maximum occupancy, successful residency, and program compliance. Areas of responsibility include developing and leading strong property management teams that ensure strong resident relations, control property specific budgets, monitor market conditions and attract and retain residents by providing superior customer service. The Regional Property Manager ensures work quality and adherence to established policies and procedures and performs the more technical and complex tasks relative to the assigned areas of responsibility.
- At least 3 years of proven leadership and supervisory skills necessary to manage all aspects of a diverse portfolio of properties which include affordable and market rate units; be a motivator; a great communicator and a hands on manager.
- Experience managing a portfolio with ideally 500+ multi-family units.
- Active certification in LIHTC, PBV, PBC, HOME, and other housing program compliance from an accredited provider within the last 12 months.
- Working knowledge of and ability to interpret, explain, and apply federal, state and local mandated rules, regulations, policies and procedures for affordable housing.
- Strong written and oral communication skills across a diverse range of audiences including proven experience in working effectively with the mentally, physically, socially and economically disadvantaged.
- Understanding and commitment to the mission and values of BHP.
- Working knowledge of Yardi and/or similar property management software.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assume responsibility and provide oversight for BHP’s property management activities and operations; including fiscal management of assets, occupancy, resident relations, and collaboration with maintenance and resident services functions for assigned properties including curb appeal and site safety.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant programs (HUD, LIHTC, HOME, City of Boulder, etc.).
- Participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, budgets, policies, and priorities for assigned property management portfolio; identify resource needs; recommend and implement policies and procedures.
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate assigned personnel; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures.
- Direct, coordinate and review the work plans for assigned staff; meet with staff to identify and resolve problems; assign work activities and projects; monitor workflow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures.
- Review case files for transfers, eviction, reasonable accommodation requests, medical requests and complaints; process and evaluate requests and implement decisions; work with legal counsel and partners as needed to resolve any related issues.
- Coordinate programs with outside agencies and organizations; provide staff assistance to the Director of Property Management; prepare and present staff reports and other necessary correspondence.
- Provide continuous availability and support for resident emergency needs; troubleshoot emergency situations as necessary with the maintenance department; document and follow up with service needs.
- Ensure that all required supporting documents, files, logs and records are properly maintained; prepare or coordinate various administrative and statistical reports relating to BHP clients and programs within area of assignment.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
POSITION TITLE: Regional Property Manager STATUS: Exempt
CHAIN OF SUPERVISION:
(1) TITLE OF IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of Property Management
(2) TITLE(S) OF POSITION(S) OVER WHICH THIS POSITION HAS DIRECT SUPERVISION:
- Community Manager
EDUCATION and Experience Guidelines
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in property management, real estate, business administration, social services or a related field. Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
Three years of increasingly responsible property management experience including three years of supervisory responsibilty.
3. License or Certificate
- Possession of an appropriate, valid driver’s license.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain Certified Property Manager (CPM).
Physical demands and WORKING Environment
Environment: Normal office setting with travel to various properties owned and operated by BHP; frequent contact with residents including those with disabilities.
Physical: Incumbents require sufficient mobility to work in an office setting, operate office equipment and travel to various locations.
Vision: Vision sufficient to read small print, computer screens and other printed documents.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED IN WORK INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, THE FOLLOWING:
BHP vehicle, personal computer, telephone, photocopy machine, facsimile machine, and calculator
Founded in 1966, Boulder Housing Partners (BHP) is known for creative and award-winning approaches. BHP’s goal is to make living in Boulder possible and affordable, regardless of income. We are committed to fostering a healthy sense of community in every property we develop. We are an inclusive organization that operates creatively, decisively, and effectively, with strong and consistent values and an understanding that housing is as much about people as it is about place. We build, own and manage 33% of the total inventory of affordable housing in Boulder, making a strong contribution to City Council's goal that 10% of all housing is permanently affordable.
Our commitment to the organizational stewardship of assets involves fostering a caring and supportive work environment for our most valuable asset - our employees. We realize that our mission can only be realized with a team of dedicated and passionate people. BHP provides professional development opportunities as well as a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays and personal days, as well as retirement benefits. Our culture promotes work-life balance and opportunities to engage in healthy lifestyle activities.
What it’s like to work with us:
If your goal is to help build diverse and inclusive communities by providing homes, creating community and changing lives, consider joining us at BHP. We know our employees are our most important resource, in addition to rewarding and meaningful work we enjoy:
- Medical, dental, vision health plans
- Retirement benefits that includes PERA defined benefit plan plus 401k and 457 plans
- Paid life insurance
- Employee wellness program
- Long term disability
- 11 paid holidays per year plus vacation and sick leave
- Excellent work-life programs, such as flexible schedules, training opportunities, and more