The HireMojo Team
The Portfolio Associate will provide operational support to the company’s Portfolio Managers, Wealth Advisors, and Investment Services group. The primary responsibility of the position will be the implementation of investment strategies, as directed by the Portfolio Managers, utilizing the firm’s portfolio management system, Tamarac Advisor Rebalancing®, as well as other tasks performed in support of the firm’s portfolio managers and investment services function.
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Maintaining client accounts within Tamarac Advisor Rebalancing®, including model assignments, restrictions, cash reserves, etc.;
- Preparing and inputting trade orders according to portfolio guidelines;
- Implementing model changes;
- Investing and raising excess cash as required by financial counselors or clients;
- Placing and managing trades with brokers and custodians;
- Settling and reconciling equity, mutual fund, and fixed-income trades;
- Assisting and supporting Investment Management group as needed.
The position requires:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, or a related field desirable or an equivalent amount of education and/or work experience;
- 2+ years of relevant work experience;
- Strong oral/written communication skills;
- Notable attention to detail, self-initiated follow-through, and outstanding time management and organizational skills;
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to identify tax and investment-related issues in portfolios;
- Dedication to working in a team-based environment; and
- Computer proficiency with basic applications, including Microsoft Office, and proven ability to learn other software and technology.
The position prefers:
Prior experience with Tamarac Advisor Rebalancing® and Tamarac Advisor View®
The Colony Group, LLC provides investment, wealth management, business management, tax compliance, and other financial advisory services to a multitude of high-net-worth and ultra-high-net-worth private clients as well as a prestigious base of institutional clients. Founded in 1986 and managed by financial professionals dedicated to providing objective advice and exceptional service, The Colony Group manages over $10 billion in client assets and has offices in Massachusetts, New York, Virginia, Florida, Colorado, Maryland, California and New Hampshire. For more information, please visit www.thecolonygroup.com.