The HireMojo Team
The Colony Group seeks a motivated and qualified individual for the position of Jr. Accountant to join our Financial Management team in the Bethesda, MD office. The individual selected will perform a variety of financial duties for clients, as well as the firm. We seek responsible individuals who are interested and have experience in the field of accounting, willing to be participants in a team atmosphere, take on a wide-range of tasks, and be accountable for their efforts.
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Manage day to day multiple client activities including processing accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll;
- Manage multiple client quarterly tax filings as well as other monthly, quarterly and annual processes;
- Manage inter-company transactions for multi-entity clients;
- Responsible for general ledger, journal entries;
- Responsible for preparation of monthly financial statements;
- Ad hoc projects as needed; and
- Support and work with financial management team as needed.
The position requires:
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in accounting field including knowledge of general ledger, family office services, and financial management;
- Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting preferred;
- Solid organizational skills with great attention to detail and commitment to accuracy;
- Self-directed, ability to handle new tasks with little direction;
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Ability to effectively work in a client focused team environment, building a spirit of cooperation, and sharing knowledge and skills with others in the group;
- Proficient in Quickbooks and Excel a must;
- Additional computer knowledge in Great Plains and Quicken is a plus; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
The Colony Group, LLC provides investment, wealth management, business management, tax compliance, and other financial advisory services to a multitude of high-net-worth and ultra-high-net-worth private clients as well as a prestigious base of institutional clients. Founded in 1986 and managed by financial professionals dedicated to providing objective advice and exceptional service, The Colony Group manages over $10 billion in client assets and has offices in Massachusetts, New York, Virginia, Florida, Colorado, Maryland, California and New Hampshire. For more information, please visit www.thecolonygroup.com.