The HireMojo Team
The Colony Group seeks a motivated and qualified individual for the position of Corporate Controller to join our Finance team in the Boston office. The individual selected will work primarily with the firm's Chief Financial Officer and Finance Team. Motivation, attention to detail, and the ability to work with confidential information will be essential.
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Maintain and prepare books, budgets, forecasts, records, and files in an accurate, orderly fashion;
- Review and recordation of journal entries required to reflect the monthly activity;
- Preparation of work papers supporting the monthly close process and month end balances;
- Review monthly accounting close process including analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained;
- Assist in the invoice approval process and implementation of Bill.com;
- Assist in the billing of client fees both monthly and quarterly in accordance with the respective agreements;
- Assist in the billing of incentive, solicitor and referral fees, and other fees monthly, quarterly, annually in accordance with the respective agreements;
- Develop and implement accounting policies and assist in the coordination of systems and procedures;
- Coordinate the preparation of reports to state and local agencies, researching existing, new and future legislation;
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and budget schedules using the collection, analysis, and consolidation of financial data;
- Assist in the production of internal and external financial reports, statistical data and metrics for use by the Chief Financial Officer and the senior management team;
- Implement a process to record transactions by profit centers and compare costs incurred to budget and performance analysis of applicable profit centers;
- Manage relationships throughout the firm to ensure timely and proper delivery of information;
- Ad hoc projects as needed; and
- Support and work with financial management team as needed.
The position requires:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in accounting field including knowledge of general ledger, family office services, and financial management;
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting preferred;
- Solid organizational skills with great attention to detail and commitment to accuracy;
- Self-directed, ability to handle new tasks with little direction;
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Ability to effectively work in a client focused team environment, building a spirit of cooperation, and sharing knowledge and skills with others in the group;
- Proficient in Quickbooks and Excel a must;
- Knowledge of Great Plains and Datafaction a plus; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
The Colony Group, LLC provides investment, wealth management, business management, tax compliance, and other financial advisory services to a multitude of high-net-worth and ultra-high-net-worth private clients as well as a prestigious base of institutional clients. Founded in 1986 and managed by financial professionals dedicated to providing objective advice and exceptional service, The Colony Group manages over $10 billion in client assets and has offices in Massachusetts, New York, Virginia, Florida, Colorado, Maryland, California and New Hampshire. For more information, please visit www.thecolonygroup.com.