The HireMojo Team
Resource Manager (B2B Agency)
Why you’ll love working here:
- DeanHouston is a growing company, that has made Inc. 500’s list of “5,000 List of Fastest Growing Private Companies in America” for the past four years
- Full health, dental, vision insurance package (PPO and HSA options)
- Company-paid life insurance, Paid Time Off policy
- 401K participation with 4% company match
- Located in a suburban location, DeanHouston has an inspiring and productive culture—different from the hectic bustle of a typical downtown creative agency
- We are committed to employee development. We invest in the latest tools, training and software so our employees are on the cutting edge of the creative process
- DeanHouston has 70 employees worldwide, but the Orland Park, IL office is tight-knit (just under twenty employees) and able to react quickly to clients’ needs
- We enjoy an open-concept office environment (no cubicles!) in a collaborative team setting flooded with natural light
- DeanHouston promotes a healthy and happy workplace from weekly flowers and fruit baskets to team lunches and other fun gatherings
Resource Manager (B2B)
To be effective, a marketing agency needs the right people, systems and processes in place to keep the organization responsive, organized, and on task.
The Resource Manager (RM) is the primary owner of the agency’s client project organization. The RM juggles a wide variety of external client requests and projects, often with competing deadlines and limited resources. In order to move projects towards successful completion, a RM with strong decision-making, organization, and prioritization skills is required. The RM will use these skills to schedule, monitor, and adjust project deadlines as necessary and to make sure that everything in our day-to-day internal workflow runs smoothly.
Although much of the RM’s required activities deal with the tactical needs of project organization, the RM’s primary objective is to work with the team to make sure that client projects are completed successfully, on time and within budget, and with minimal waste. That means that both the client who requested the project and the professionals who completed the work are satisfied with the end result. To accomplish that objective, the RM will own the resourcing module of our chosen project management system (Workamajig) and will leverage it to run a smooth production system that ensures that work effectively flows back and forth between our clients and the internal teams tasked with project completion.
In a nutshell, the RM’s job is to keep everyone in the office communicating and to make sure that DeanHouston Chicago’s internal production wheels are well-oiled and spinning so that the rest of the team can stay focused on developing and delivering creative solutions for our B2B clients.
The Resource Manager will be expected to:
- Validate that our internal and external production teams have all the necessary client and project requirements (direction, information, scope, files, assets and project number) before beginning work
- Initiate client projects, enter all required data in the system (Workamajig), and place projects in queue for production
- Assign and monitor production capacity and creative resources, adjusting as necessary, and signaling bottlenecks and other constraints so that we can all work together to resolve whatever issues need to be addressed
- Once a project is completed and billed, close the project out in Workamajig and archive any and all necessary files and assets on the server
- Be our “canary in the coal mine”, i.e., generate and communicate project status reports, recommend process improvements, and signal problems with sufficient lead time so that the team can help address them before they become critical
Qualifications & traits we’re looking for:
- You have quick-sifting abilities; you are able to know what to act on and what to ignore
- You can set, observe and re-evaluate project priorities frequently
- You have consensus-building skills coupled with clear and concise communication. You ask good questions and listen to stakeholders
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Business/Project Management/Marketing/Communications, or related field/certifications (preference, not a requirement)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
- You have experience as a Traffic/Resource Manager or Project Manager (preference is 2 years, but not a requirement)
- You are highly organized and welcome the opportunity to learn new skills and work with new people
- You are able to synthesize project goals and outcomes and translate them into tactical deliverables
- You have experience using Agency ERPs (not a requirement), Workamajig experience is certainly a plus
- You are enthusiastic and enjoy a team-oriented culture! You welcome challenges and approach them with gusto
DeanHouston, Inc. is a full-service business-to-business marketing communications firm with offices in Cincinnati, OH, Orland Park, IL, Rancho Cucamonga, CA, and Shanghai, China. At DeanHouston, we hire passionate, creative, and talented people who are not looking for a job, but for a place where their professional aspirations can be fulfilled.
DeanHouston has an outstanding reputation for providing exceptional integrated marketing and branding programs for our B2B industrial clients working in energy, industrial processing and transportation. A few of our key accounts include: Dover, Lincoln Electric, Autolite and Champion Laboratories.