The HireMojo Team
Boston Analytical is a premier cGMP compliant laboratory, FDA and DEA registered for pharmaceutical analytical testing. We provide the highest quality analytical testing services to Pharmaceutical, Biopharmaceutical, and Medical device companies worldwide. Since 1987, Boston Analytical has been and remains dedicated to customer satisfaction, and to the fast and accurate analysis of our clients' product
The Microbiologist conducts quantitative and qualitative analysis of pharmaceutical products according to FDA, cGMP and Boston Analytical, Inc. Standard Operating Procedures. Duties will include analysis of pharmaceutical products through compendial methods and client specific test protocols.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares and analyzes samples to determine microbiological quality through the following analyses: Microbial enumeration methods, absence of specified microorganisms, endotoxin, and water quality analysis (bioburden, TOC, Conductivity).
- Performs genetic analysis of microbial growth to determine Genus/Species of unknown isolates.
- Collects Environmental Monitoring Samples onsite and offsite at client manufacturing sites.
- Documents work in a clear and organized manner.
- Revises procedures and ELNs under close supervision.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations and conducts periodic safety audits.
- Follows all cGMP rules and regulations.
- Under close supervision confers with Microbiologists and other client personnel regarding research, procedures performed, related results and prepares reports.
- Under close supervision will be trained to become proficient at assigned tasks in order to become subject matter experts.
- Performs routine data generation and problem solving with a minimal rework.
- Works under close supervision to ensure all work performed is executed in compliance with standard operating procedures, good manufacturing practices, and the regulations of the Food and Drug Administration.
- Ensures all work performed strictly adheres to Company, client and Pharmacopeial methodologies.
- Performs system maintenance and calibrations to ensure equipment is operating with specified requirements.
Proper handling of hazardous waste in compliance with the Company and DES hazardous waste rules.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
Qualifications include a BA or BS degree in Microbiology or related science discipline with 0-2 years of related experience is required. Knowledge of cGMP and related compliance regulations and guidances is preferred.
MINIMUM SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Must have the ability and skill to perform the detailed job requirements noted above competently, safely and proficiently.
- A self-starter, motivated person who possesses good interpersonal skills capable of effectively interacting with all departments and client personnel.
- Must have excellent organizational, verbal communication and technical documentation skills.
- Solid computer skills.
- Knowledge of safe laboratory practices, including the proper procedures in handling chemicals and samples.
- Must be a team player with integrity and concern for the quality of Company products, services and staff members.
Boston Analytical is a growing pharmaceutical contract lab providing quality Analytical and Microbiological testing services. We are known for our quality and believe our success is driven by our employees. We provide our employees with a state-of-the-art work environment, excellent benefits and opportunities for development.