The HireMojo Team
The Colony Group seeks a motivated and qualified individual for the position of Tax Associate. The individual selected for this opportunity will assist the office’s Tax Department in providing a broad range of tax planning and compliance support to Colony Group clients and to the business management division of the company.
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Tax planning and preparation for high-net-worth individuals and their related entities;
- Preparing or performing first reviews on certain individual, trust, partnership and S-Corporation returns;
- Ensuring compliance with all federal and state filing requirements on behalf of clients;
- Acting as a resource to business management teams for tax planning, tax research, and ongoing education of tax-related developments;
- Assist the Tax Department with regularly educating permanent and seasonal tax preparation staff; and
- Assist with communicating relevant tax developments to clients through newsletters, social media, and/or other communications.
The position requires:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting with 4-6 years’ relevant experience;
- A demonstrated focus on preparing individual, fiduciary and business tax returns with a primary focus on high-net-worth individuals and families;
- Superb written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, and proven ability to learn other technology;
- Notable attention to detail, self-initiated follow-through, and outstanding time management and organizational skills; and
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-office environment and to juggle multiple and competing tasks and demands.
The position prefers:
- Experience working in a business management firm;
- Experience preparing private foundation and gift tax returns; and
- Experience with ProSystem fx® Tax, CCH Axcess, Engagement and BNA Income Tax™ Planner.
The Colony Group, LLC provides investment, wealth management, business management, tax compliance, and other financial advisory services to a multitude of high-net-worth and ultra-high-net-worth private clients as well as a prestigious base of institutional clients. Founded in 1986 and managed by financial professionals dedicated to providing objective advice and exceptional service, The Colony Group manages over $10 billion in client assets and has offices in Massachusetts, New York, Virginia, Florida, Colorado, Maryland, California and New Hampshire. For more information, please visit www.thecolonygroup.com.