The HireMojo Team
We are currently seeking an Actuarial Consultant to work out of our Boca Raton, FL, Fort Worth, TX or Santa Monica, CA office. Full-time telecommuting will also be considered.
This role supports a Consulting Actuary in the completion of actuarial and multi-disciplinary consulting projects for insurance companies and self-insureds. The Actuarial Consultant's' responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, preparation of product pricing, competitor research, benchmarking analyses, rate filing support and miscellaneous projects for all accident and health lines of business. In addition, the role will support self-insured clients with analysis of benefits, stop-loss coverage, budget rate setting and claim reserving.
The Actuarial Consultant will work closely with a supervising Consulting Actuary and our other practice areas such as Product Design and State Filings. In addition, it is expected that this role will communicate and work directly with clients under appropriate supervision. This position will also be responsible for meeting various billing targets.
What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Competitive salary including merit-based bonus plan
- Flexible work hours
- Clear opportunities for career progression
- Company-funded professional educational program
- Generous benefits including: PTO, medical/dental/vision insurance and 401K with matching Company contributions
- Friendly, dynamic work environment
- Visible management commitment to our company core values of: employee development, excellent work product, innovation, integrity, respect for each other and superior customer service
What You'll be Doing:
- Updating reserve studies for new or additional years of data
- Performing tech reviews of formulas/data entry
- Performing competitive research including identifying targeted competitor filings and extracting key data items such as indicated vs. proposed rate-level changes, historical rate making data and rating plan relativities
- Extracting and/or summarizing annual statement data
- Preparing return on equity exhibits
- Completing actuarial transmittal forms in all U.S. jurisdictions for new program and rate change filings
- Updating rate/rule manual pages to reflect proposed/approved revisions
- Updating support for rate/rule filings
What You'll Bring to the Table
- BA or BS Degree
- 1-3 years working in the accident and health industry
- General understanding of standard industry supplemental health coverage types such as hospital indemnity, accident, critical illness, etc.
- Strong quantitative abilities
- Completion of 1-3 actuarial exams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Access
- Ability to think creatively and imaginatively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects with strict deadlines
- Ability to complete tasks with few conceptual, structural, technical or cosmetic errors
Founded in 1994, Perr&Knight provides insurance consulting and software solutions to the property & casualty and accident & health industries. Services include actuarial consulting, product development, insurance policy and forms consulting, regulatory compliance, state filings, licensing, technology consulting, statistical reporting, data services, and predictive analytics. Software includes StateFilings.com, which is a leasing cloud-based state filings management solution. With offices in Santa Monica, Boca Raton, the New York metro Area, Fort Worth and Cincinnati, and more than 100 insurance professionals, Perr&Knight is among the largest independent actuarial and insurance consulting firms in the United States.
Our mission as an actuarial and insurance operations consulting firm is to provide extraordinary value to our clients by offering innovative and unique solutions to complex challenges they face while providing a positive and motivating work environment for our employees that respects diversity and recognizes ingenuity and hard work.