The HireMojo Team
The Colony Group seeks a motivated and qualified individual for the position of Associate Wealth Advisor. The individual selected for this mid-level opportunity will be distinguished in academic achievement, dedicated to client service, and have the highest ethical and professional standards of excellence. The Associate Wealth Advisor provides a high level and broad range of technical and client management support to a financial counseling team and assists in managing all aspects of a client relationship.
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Development and implementation of financial planning solutions for clients and the ability to perform complex research and financial analysis related to those solutions;
- Maintaining an advanced understanding of investments, insurance, taxation, and estate planning, as well as the company’s investment strategies;
- Active communication with clients in meetings, presentations, and generally as part of ongoing client-relationship management;
- Coordination of the management of client portfolios with the investment professionals of the firm;
- Federal and state income tax planning and compliance;
- Communicating the full range of the company’s services and capabilities to clients and prospective clients; and
- Identifying new business opportunities and prospects and assisting in the closing process.
The position requires:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, or a related field desirable or an equivalent amount of education and/or work experience;
- An advanced understanding of investments, insurance, tax planning, and estate planning;
- Two+ years of relevant work experience; and
- Strong analytical skills, notable attention to detail, and self-initiated follow-through.
The position prefers:
- Candidates with a CPA, JD, MST, or CFP®;
- Experience serving high net worth clients; and
- Experience in income tax planning and compliance.
The Colony Group, LLC provides investment, wealth management, business management, tax compliance, and other financial advisory services to a multitude of high-net-worth and ultra-high-net-worth private clients as well as a prestigious base of institutional clients. Founded in 1986 and managed by financial professionals dedicated to providing objective advice and exceptional service, The Colony Group manages over $10 billion in client assets and has offices in Massachusetts, New York, Virginia, Florida, Colorado, Maryland, California and New Hampshire. For more information, please visit www.thecolonygroup.com.