Location: Remote from anywhere in the U.S.
Schmeiser, Olsen & Watts LLP is seeking a brilliant Patent Attorney (prosecutor), and your team/practice if you have one. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an elite group (most were at the top of their class) at an established, yet dynamic and expanding IP law practice.
The ideal candidate/team brings a $500K-$5M book of business. We want entrepreneurial & independent thinkers who are passionate their work.
Why join Schmeiser, Olsen & Watts LLP?
- Join a high-performance firm with experience across a variety of technical industries
- Supportive, collaborative work environment
- Diversity in hiring & clientele
- Impact our success for years to come
- Work from any of our seven offices
This is an ideal opportunity for a variety of profiles, including:
- A patent attorney from a large general practice who wants to make the move to a firm focused solely on IP law because of
- their intimate understanding of patent prosecution billing
- billing flexibility
- A solo or small practice patent attorney who wants to move to a larger firm to stop spending time and money on administrative costs/overhead
- A patent Attorney who would like to retire within 3-5 years and seeks a soft landing for their clients
Here is what members of our team say:
"I really enjoy working at Schmeiser, Olsen & Watts. It is a great work environment. They have been growing and I am always faced with new challenges. They have a diverse work place. The new employees add to the culture. Attorneys and staff are top notch. "
"Very interesting work with smart people who really care about our clients."
About Schmeiser, Olsen & Watts LLP
- Founded: 1983
- HQ: Latham, NY
- Employees: 48
- Type: Privately held
- Six locations, 23 attorneys on staff
- Use PerfectLaw software
With seven offices across the country, we serve clients across the U.S. and internationally.
We focus exclusively on the practice of intellectual property law, and cover all components related to Patent, Trademark, Copyright, Unfair Competition, Computer and Trade Secret Law. By specializing in acquiring, protecting and managing ideas and innovations, the IP attorneys and patent attorneys of Schmeiser, Olsen & Watts stay abreast of all new rules and regulations governing the protection of unique ideas.
We also represent virtually every major industry or growing field of research. The patent lawyers, support staff, and industry experts of Schmeiser, Olsen & Watts possess extensive training and experience in a broad range of technical fields, with many of our IP attorneys holding scientific or technology-related undergraduate or graduate degrees. This diversity enables our firm to function synergistically to accommodate a wide variety of clients having inventions in virtually all areas of science and technology.
Recently, Schmeiser, Olsen & Watts took an informal survey about our firm’s ethnic diversity. Of those who responded, some simply provided their background while others shared detailed information about how they or their families came to live in the United States. It was no surprise that our people hail from around the globe. Our respondents indicated that they are African American, Asian, Caucasian, Hispanic, Polynesian and several were from multinational families. We're proud of our ethnic diversity as well as our diversity of skills, particularly in science and technology.