The HireMojo Team
The Colony Group seeks a motivated and qualified individual for the position of Bookkeeper to join our business management department. The individual selected will be contributing to a prestigious business management division that handles the financial and tax matters for high profile entertainers in both the film industry as well as music’s biggest talents. This is a unique chance to be part of the business team for directors, actors, producers, musicians, and the world’s highest grossing concert tours. This person will handle the bill pay and record keeping function for various business entities and individuals.
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Manage day-to-day multiple client activities including processing accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll;
- Manage inter-company transactions for multi-entity clients;
- Manage multiple client quarterly tax filings as well as other monthly, quarterly and annual processes;
- Responsible for general ledger, journal entries and review for accurate accountings;
- Prepare monthly financial statements and cash flow reports;
- Complete bank reconciliations;
- Pay bills via accounting software (fully paperless);
- Review and monitor personal and business insurance lines;
- Support partners on client communications;
- Support and work with financial management team as needed to complete ad hoc projects.
The position requires:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting;
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in accounting field including knowledge of general ledger, family office services, and financial management;
- Proficient in Excel;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Solid organizational skills with great attention to detail and commitment to accuracy;
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills; and
This position prefers:
- Prior bookkeeping experience;
- Knowledge of Datafaction accounting software; and
- Knowledge of Datafaction Imaging.
The Colony Group, LLC provides investment, wealth management, business management, tax compliance, and other financial advisory services to a multitude of high-net-worth and ultra-high-net-worth private clients as well as a prestigious base of institutional clients. Founded in 1986 and managed by financial professionals dedicated to providing objective advice and exceptional service, The Colony Group manages over $10 billion in client assets and has offices in Massachusetts, New York, Virginia, Florida, Colorado, Maryland, California and New Hampshire. For more information, please visit www.thecolonygroup.com.