The HireMojo Team
The Colony Group seeks a motivated and qualified individual for the position of Account Manager to join our business management department. The individual will be contributing to a prestigious business management division that handles the financial and tax matters for high profile entertainers in both the film industry as well as music’s biggest talents. This is a unique chance to be part of the business team for directors, actors, producers, musicians, and the world’s highest grossing concert tours. The candidate selected will oversee the day-to-day business, personal and financial affairs of assigned clients.
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Manage the day-to-day business transactions of high net worth entertainment clients that requires an advance knowledge of touring and payroll;
- Manage multiple client quarterly tax filings including international taxes;
- Review work of bookkeepers including, but not limited to, AP/AR, cash receipt and journal entry coding, financial statements, etc.;
- Create meeting packets;
- Manage music touring budgets and tour reconciliations;
- Prepare monthly financial statements and cash flow reports;
- Review and monitor personal and business insurance lines, including renewals and claims;
- Support partners on client communications; and
- Support and work with management team as needed to complete ad hoc projects.
The position requires:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting;
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience in business management;
- Large international touring experience;
- Proficient in Excel;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Solid organizational skills with great attention to detail and commitment to accuracy; and
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
The position prefers:
- Knowledge of Datafaction accounting software; and
- Knowledge of Datafaction Imaging.
The Colony Group provides investment, wealth management, business management, tax compliance, and other financial advisory services to a multitude of high-net-worth and ultra-high-net-worth private clients as well as a prestigious base of institutional clients. Founded in 1986 and managed by financial professionals dedicated to providing objective advice and exceptional service, The firm manages over $10 billion in client assets and has offices in Massachusetts, New York, Virginia, Florida, Colorado, Maryland, California and New Hampshire.